non science GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

addo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was aware that GPA was broken into cumulative and science GPA, but as I was looking to a statistics sheet it also gave the mean for non science GPA. Does this also appear on the primary application? and if so is it important?
I am a science major and had all of my bad grades clustered in my 30 freshman year hours of non science classes, so my non science GPA is a 2.57, which is dragging my cGPA down, but is not all that bad, and my science GPA is good.

Is non science GPA yet another angle of your GPA you have to worry about, or does it come down to only cGPA and sGPA?

Members don't see this ad.

Umm, AOA gpa isn't really considered that much ( it's taken into statistics by some schools, so it could be) , but it's obviously going to bring down your Cgpa even if your a science major.

IIRC, AO GPA does show up on the printout of your AMCAS application. However, as serenade said, the med schools probably don't use it for much as a discrete number.

Good, I would be utterly flummoxed if they really took it into consideration, as that would be kinda redundant.