addo

7+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2010
Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I was aware that GPA was broken into cumulative and science GPA, but as I was looking to a statistics sheet it also gave the mean for non science GPA. Does this also appear on the primary application? and if so is it important?
I am a science major and had all of my bad grades clustered in my 30 freshman year hours of non science classes, so my non science GPA is a 2.57, which is dragging my cGPA down, but is not all that bad, and my science GPA is good.

Is non science GPA yet another angle of your GPA you have to worry about, or does it come down to only cGPA and sGPA?

Drrrrrr. Celty

Osteo Dullahan
10+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Umm, AOA gpa isn't really considered that much ( it's taken into statistics by some schools, so it could be) , but it's obviously going to bring down your Cgpa even if your a science major.

canjosh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
IIRC, AO GPA does show up on the printout of your AMCAS application. However, as serenade said, the med schools probably don't use it for much as a discrete number.

addo

7+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2010
Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Good, I would be utterly flummoxed if they really took it into consideration, as that would be kinda redundant.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads