Non-science LOR question

Started by MelC
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MelC

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I couldn't find the answer to my LOR question in the other posts so here goes. I'm a post bac student and have only taken science classes for the past few years, so I have 3 LORs from science professors. I got my BA in New York in 2004 and now that I'm in CA and it's been so long since I graduated, I have no non-science letters. Is that going to be a problem? I notice that a lot of schools require one...
 
I couldn't find the answer to my LOR question in the other posts so here goes. I'm a post bac student and have only taken science classes for the past few years, so I have 3 LORs from science professors. I got my BA in New York in 2004 and now that I'm in CA and it's been so long since I graduated, I have no non-science letters. Is that going to be a problem? I notice that a lot of schools require one...

It seems like a lot of schools are OK with only having a pre-health committee letter. If your school has one, you may be in the clear. Otherwise, you could just take some non-science courses and get some LOR's from one of them, but that seem like more work than it's worth.

If you absolutely do need a non-science LOR, try contacting some of your old profs and tell them the situation. You could probably find one or two who would understand.