Non-science LOR question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MelC

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find the answer to my LOR question in the other posts so here goes. I'm a post bac student and have only taken science classes for the past few years, so I have 3 LORs from science professors. I got my BA in New York in 2004 and now that I'm in CA and it's been so long since I graduated, I have no non-science letters. Is that going to be a problem? I notice that a lot of schools require one...

Members don't see this ad.

I couldn't find the answer to my LOR question in the other posts so here goes. I'm a post bac student and have only taken science classes for the past few years, so I have 3 LORs from science professors. I got my BA in New York in 2004 and now that I'm in CA and it's been so long since I graduated, I have no non-science letters. Is that going to be a problem? I notice that a lot of schools require one...

It seems like a lot of schools are OK with only having a pre-health committee letter. If your school has one, you may be in the clear. Otherwise, you could just take some non-science courses and get some LOR's from one of them, but that seem like more work than it's worth.

If you absolutely do need a non-science LOR, try contacting some of your old profs and tell them the situation. You could probably find one or two who would understand.