• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

Enso

Dr. Troy
10+ Year Member
May 24, 2008
Miami Beach, FL
Status
Pre-Dental
Need your input guys. I'm a Marketing major who graduated in the summer. I'm curious if I could go ahead and ask for a LOR from a professor of my graduating course where I excelled quite well. The reason I ask is because I'm barely even done with any science requirements and still haven't taken the DAT, but I'm worried she might forget about me if I wait for over a year!

If it's fine how do I go about this? Do I ask her to send the LOR to me or save it until I apply to DS? If its dated from almost a year ago will that be an issue?

ak47

flossy flossy
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2007
the midwest
Status
Dental Student
Need your input guys. I'm a Marketing major who graduated in the summer. I'm curious if I could go ahead and ask for a LOR from a professor of my graduating course where I excelled quite well. The reason I ask is because I'm barely even done with any science requirements and still haven't taken the DAT, but I'm worried she might forget about me if I wait for over a year!

If it's fine how do I go about this? Do I ask her to send the LOR to me or save it until I apply to DS? If its dated from almost a year ago will that be an issue?
you can ask her and have her submit it through a company called interfolio.com
i havent used it but i've heard of other people using it to store their LOR if they arent sure when they will need them. it costs $. good luck

Flipper405

"Excessive" flosser
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 5, 2005
Status
Dentist
You could also see if your school has a pre-dental advisor that could hold these on file for you.

About the Ads