1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Non Science Pre-reqs

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by sabbath1981, Jan 5, 2009.

1. sabbath1981

I am planning on taking the Science pre-recs over the next two years. I already have most of the non-science pre-recs (English, humanities). But I took these classes between 1999 and 2003. Have you heard of any schools which require you to retake these classes as well?

I saw that some colleges would want you to retake you science classes if you took them 5 years ago. I'm hoping this doesnt apply to the non science classes.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dougwell

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I went to college in 1999 and graduated in 2003 also. I've started to hear back from the schools I have applied to and they have not said anything about retaking non science classes. However, I did have to take all of the science prereqs because it had been so long. Hope this helps.

4. fenixtnlfan

fenixtnlfan P2 Wildcat
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    You should contact some of the schools you are interested in. Schools have different policies so its best to get their opinion so you can plan accordingly.

5. Jammerdez1

Jammerdez1 Oklahoma 2013
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Same time frame here. Assuming you received a BA/BS, most schools will let you use the non-science pre-reqs. As for science pre-reqs, it's a case by case basis with the common answer being that you have to retake them after the 5 year mark.