Non-science Prereqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AntiviralsRule

Student Pharmacist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am 36 years old, so that means I took some prerequisites a long time ago when I got my bachelors. One of those prereqs is English Composition, which I got an A and A- in in 1991. My question is this: do most schools require that you retake English comp if it was taken more than five years ago? I know they want science prereqs to be recent, but what about non-science prereqs?

Any and all suggestions appreciated. Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I am 36 years old, so that means I took some prerequisites a long time ago when I got my bachelors. One of those prereqs is English Composition, which I got an A and A- in in 1991. My question is this: do most schools require that you retake English comp if it was taken more than five years ago? I know they want science prereqs to be recent, but what about non-science prereqs?

depends on the school. call and talk to an adviser at the schools you're interested in.

My oldest prereq was 1984 and all the schools I applied to took them with no questions. But, as other poster pointed out, schools can vary, so be sure to check. One of the places I applied actually offered to do a check of my transcripts before I completely finished the application.

Members don't see this ad :)
ok, thanks. I'll check with the schools.