Non-science Prereqs

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by AntiviralsRule, May 12, 2007.

1. AntiviralsRule

AntiviralsRule Student Pharmacist
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I am 36 years old, so that means I took some prerequisites a long time ago when I got my bachelors. One of those prereqs is English Composition, which I got an A and A- in in 1991. My question is this: do most schools require that you retake English comp if it was taken more than five years ago? I know they want science prereqs to be recent, but what about non-science prereqs?

Any and all suggestions appreciated. Thanks! :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. GatorRxGirl

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    depends on the school. call and talk to an adviser at the schools you're interested in.

3. rxlynn

rxlynn Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    My oldest prereq was 1984 and all the schools I applied to took them with no questions. But, as other poster pointed out, schools can vary, so be sure to check. One of the places I applied actually offered to do a check of my transcripts before I completely finished the application.

4. OP
    OP
    AntiviralsRule

AntiviralsRule Student Pharmacist
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    ok, thanks. I'll check with the schools.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Farmercyst

Farmercyst From the shadows
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Yeah, I agree checking is the way to go, but non-science I'd be surprised if anyone cared, with the possible exception if you were ESL. USC took my 1995 ENG Comp I no questions asked.