Non-Spanish Speakers applying to PR

Started by nimujm13
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nimujm13

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a question regarding the requirement to speak Spanish in Puerto Rico Optometry School. Is it a requirement? I know that all the test and exams are in English, but most of the patient load and some of the lectures are Spanish speaking.........and that could be a problem for non-Spanish speakers like me. Has anyone taken an Intensive Spanish Speaking Program before and have learned Spanish well enough to be able to hack it in Puerto Rico?
 
I have a hard enough time trying to figure out what the profs are saying when they are speaking English. I can't imagine listening to them if I didn't speak the language well.