Non-Thesis Research AADSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bennijai

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone clarify this for me. I did a non-thesis MA and although it wasn't a thesis research it was more of a review paper research. Would that be included in the research section of AADSAS along with our topic or that doesn't count as research? Our school identifies it as independent study so I'm a bit confused on what to put. Also what would the title be? :help:

Members don't see this ad.

Read up on a bunch of scientific papers (I believe I had over 80 sources), did a review on novel treatments for dental caries. The paper was only published in school library but not in scientific journals. So it's basically your typical review paper but over 50 pages long.

Members don't see this ad :)
Read up on a bunch of scientific papers (I believe I had over 80 sources), did a review on novel treatments for dental caries. The paper was only published in school library but not in scientific journals. So it's basically your typical review paper but over 50 pages long.

Sure that is a research(but I do not know how the school classify your research). You can mention that your paper (do not forget to mention that you are the first author) published in school library, but it is not a professional review paper. However some schools may not assume that as a research. For instance, many UCs (TALK WITH UCLA AND UCSF - I AM PRETTY SURE THAT THEY WILL NOT COUNT AS A REAL RESEARCH (MY UC CALLED PRELIMINARY RESEARCH FOR SCIENTIFIC PAPER REVIEWS)) do not count paper reading as a research. Maybe some schools can count as a research. The best option can be contacting with the school you will apply.

Yea I don't consider it as real research either but since this is on AADSAS I can't specifically write it for each school can I? I'll try giving a few schools a call and see what the overall consensus is.