Non-trad Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmdp

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Nothing you've listed is going to make much difference when you apply.

Your GPA, on the other hand, is hugely important, as is your MCAT score.

Best of luck to you.

Thank you for your reply. I am glad to hear that you don't think it will count against me! I look forward to reading more threads and learning from everyones experiences.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing you've listed is going to make much difference when you apply.

I mostly agree, but I'd make an addition:

Although I don't think any med school on the whole is concerned with the supposed prestige of your undergrad institutions, I definitely think that the "prestigious" medical schools are more likely to have individuals working there who are highly concerned with prestige.

As a result, D.O. schools will care less than M.D. schools. But still, it doesn't matter that much.

I mostly agree, but I'd make an addition:

Although I don't think any med school on the whole is concerned with the supposed prestige of your undergrad institutions, I definitely think that the "prestigious" medical schools are more likely to have individuals working there who are highly concerned with prestige.

As a result, D.O. schools will care less than M.D. schools. But still, it doesn't matter that much.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind.