Non-trad course advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yodahern

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks in advance for the advice! :)
Yodahern

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Some schools will accept pre-requisites that are 10 years old while other schools will not. Get a copy of MSAR to help with your research and look up specific schools you are interested in. As of now, your cGPA and sGPA are low of allopathic medical schools and osteopathic medical schools. Given that your grad GPA wont really help your application, I would take a look at retaking any F/D/C grades that you have, the pre-requisite courses, and some additional upper level biology/chemistry courses. Look up grade replacement policies for osteopathic medical schools to see how this can help your GPA and your application. Right now, your stats indicate that you cannot handle the medical school course load. You have to chance this perception by earning higher grades and showing that you can succeed with a science heavy course load. I would also target both allopathic and osteopathic medical schools.

As for your online nursing classes, I believe they will still factor into your GPA for reporting purposes but they may be ignored due to being online classes.