Non-trad school list help (delayed mcat)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Butmin07

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I am applying this cycle under the encouragement of my college advisor, but I am having a hard time coming up with a school list.

Stats:
3.65 cumulative, 3.85 science BA and MA in humanities (4.0 post bac for prerequisite courses, with 1 c in math 10 years ago lol).
500 hours healthcare
1000 ish volunteer hours over 10 years as a tutor/cleaning up beaches/ working with language lessons for refugees
3 years as a teacher in Europe
Research in humanities (2 thesis)
BUT no mcat. Unfortunately, my test was cancelled due to covid and the earliest I can do is August in my area.
Wanted to apply to my state (nj) universities but don’t know what else to look for.
Sorry for the long post, just so confused with all this mess going on!

Members don't see this ad.

Your GPA is in range for dozens of medical schools but the deciding factor will be your MCAT. Repost when you have your score using the template and you will get responses.

Hey! I was a nontraditional who also took a summer mcat (though admittedly in June, not August). I'm sorry yours has been pushed back from covid.

What are your practice mcat scores? In a normal cycle, I'd say to make a tentative list based on that via your LizzyM score, but only apply to 1 school before you have your actual score report, & pre write secondaries. I don't know how schools are handling the mcat situation, & that would likely change my answer.

Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone!
I am applying this cycle under the encouragement of my college advisor, but I am having a hard time coming up with a school list.

Stats:
3.65 cumulative, 3.85 science BA and MA in humanities (4.0 post bac for prerequisite courses, with 1 c in math 10 years ago lol).
500 hours healthcare
1000 ish volunteer hours over 10 years as a tutor/cleaning up beaches/ working with language lessons for refugees
3 years as a teacher in Europe
Research in humanities (2 thesis)
BUT no mcat. Unfortunately, my test was cancelled due to covid and the earliest I can do is August in my area.
Wanted to apply to my state (nj) universities but don’t know what else to look for.
Sorry for the long post, just so confused with all this mess going on!
No MCAT, no school list.

Once you have a score, then we can help.

Reactions: 1 users