"non-trad" student seeks advice...

howui3

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2005
CA
    retake the class, most schools do not give credit for a grade less the C-.

but try to take the science classes/ pre dent reqs at a 4 year University vs. a community college.

good luck.

TucsonDDS

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Jul 28, 2004
      howui3 said:
      retake the class, most schools do not give credit for a grade less the C-.

but try to take the science classes/ pre dent reqs at a 4 year University vs. a community college.

good luck.

Finish up all of your prereqs and get A's. Take the Dat and do well and I think you will have a good chance. So you screwed up one year but you showed that you have the drive and brains to do well. I think that ADCOMS will see that.

About the Ads

drteeth

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Nov 9, 2005
      South FL
      1. Pre-Dental
        Id say go for it. I dont have much experience applying yet, but I know that dent schools place great emphasis in grade trends. theyll see that uve improved and like tucson said that u have the brains to do well. Additionally i believe dent schools are quite 'forgiving' of freshmen year mistakes. Kill the additional science classes that are required, do well on the DAT's, and youll have as good of a shot as anyone.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.