Non-traditional Advice!

Started by sc123!
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sc123!

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, so I have a couple questions.

I am currently a pre-med student majoring in History and minoring in Biology. I have the option to graduate a year early which I am considering, but I’m still unsure about. If I do graduate early I either want to get my masters in Medical History or maybe some type of post bacc/medical graduate program before applying to med school. If I don’t I would probably just take more science classes and take more activities such as volunteering/shadowing/becoming a medical scribe.

If you could give me insight as to your thoughts, opinions or pros and cons that would be great. At this point I’m almost done with my pre-med requirements and have done ok but I do want to become a more competitive applicant.
 
Hi, so I have a couple questions.

I am currently a pre-med student majoring in History and minoring in Biology. I have the option to graduate a year early which I am considering, but I’m still unsure about. If I do graduate early I either want to get my masters in Medical History or maybe some type of post bacc/medical graduate program before applying to med school. If I don’t I would probably just take more science classes and take more activities such as volunteering/shadowing/becoming a medical scribe.

If you could give me insight as to your thoughts, opinions or pros and cons that would be great. At this point I’m almost done with my pre-med requirements and have done ok but I do want to become a more competitive applicant.

Where does your application stand now? Can you provide uGPA and sGPA, along with the year-by-year breakdown of your GPAs? Also, what prerequisites have you taken so far and what grades did you get in them?

Depending on the answers to these questions, postbac work may or may not be recommended.