Non-traditional applicants

Started by plrae12
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

plrae12

studentforlife
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am almost finished with my pre-med prerequisites but is going to a university that does not have a pre-med program. I was wondering how you can open a letter of recommendation file if you are doing pre-medicine on your own?

I would really apprieciate your replies 🙂
 
There's a letter service called interfolio (I think that's it) that acts as a holding/copying/sending LOR service. You have your letter writers send one letter to them and then they copy it and you tell them which schools to send it to for a fee.
 
nockamura said:
There's a letter service called interfolio (I think that's it) that acts as a holding/copying/sending LOR service. You have your letter writers send one letter to them and then they copy it and you tell them which schools to send it to for a fee.

Thanks for the tip
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I printed up labels and prestamped envelopes for the schools that I applied to. Then when I gave my LOR writers along with a resume and a detailed letter reminding them who I was. They just put their letter (on letterhead stationary) in the envelope and off they went. Worked well for me.
 
I did the same thing. I knew my professors, and they did not seem to mind doing this. I printed out the labels and the cover sheets for them to make it as easy as possible for them. I may be reapplying this year (still wait-listed) so I may use interfolio this year.