Non-traditional applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

plrae12

studentforlife
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am almost finished with my pre-med prerequisites but is going to a university that does not have a pre-med program. I was wondering how you can open a letter of recommendation file if you are doing pre-medicine on your own?

I would really apprieciate your replies :)

Members don't see this ad.

There's a letter service called interfolio (I think that's it) that acts as a holding/copying/sending LOR service. You have your letter writers send one letter to them and then they copy it and you tell them which schools to send it to for a fee.

nockamura said:
There's a letter service called interfolio (I think that's it) that acts as a holding/copying/sending LOR service. You have your letter writers send one letter to them and then they copy it and you tell them which schools to send it to for a fee.

Thanks for the tip

Members don't see this ad :)
I printed up labels and prestamped envelopes for the schools that I applied to. Then when I gave my LOR writers along with a resume and a detailed letter reminding them who I was. They just put their letter (on letterhead stationary) in the envelope and off they went. Worked well for me.

I did the same thing. I knew my professors, and they did not seem to mind doing this. I printed out the labels and the cover sheets for them to make it as easy as possible for them. I may be reapplying this year (still wait-listed) so I may use interfolio this year.