Non-Traditional Bio Sequence

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vespasian

"Vae, puto deus fio!"
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a non-traditional student and I've completed Bio 1 (BSC-2010) and I'm looking to complete the second half of my Bio requirement. The problem I'm running in to is that only a few of the larger universities (none near me) offer Bio 2 (BSC-2011). The school I'm completing my chem sequences at has a 2000 level botany or zoology courses that I can take.

I was able to determine that LECOM-Bradenton allows you to use zoology+lab or botany+lab in your bio requirement, but haven't been able to find out if other schools allow it. I'm thinking about eMailing the schools I'm interested in for clarification, but I thought I'd ask my question here as well.

So, does anyone have any idea if I can get away with taking a 2000 level botany or zoology course to complete my bio requirement? Will it be frowned upon if I take something other than Bio 2 (BSC-2011)? I've already taken A&P1+Lab and A&P2+Lab as well.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.