Non-Traditional Bio Sequence

Started by Vespasian
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Vespasian

"Vae, puto deus fio!"
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a non-traditional student and I've completed Bio 1 (BSC-2010) and I'm looking to complete the second half of my Bio requirement. The problem I'm running in to is that only a few of the larger universities (none near me) offer Bio 2 (BSC-2011). The school I'm completing my chem sequences at has a 2000 level botany or zoology courses that I can take.

I was able to determine that LECOM-Bradenton allows you to use zoology+lab or botany+lab in your bio requirement, but haven't been able to find out if other schools allow it. I'm thinking about eMailing the schools I'm interested in for clarification, but I thought I'd ask my question here as well.

So, does anyone have any idea if I can get away with taking a 2000 level botany or zoology course to complete my bio requirement? Will it be frowned upon if I take something other than Bio 2 (BSC-2011)? I've already taken A&P1+Lab and A&P2+Lab as well.

Thanks in advance!