non traditional pharmD?

Started by Chandini
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Chandini

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was trying to know the difference between traditional and non traditional pharmD. I am not aware of them. Can any1 help me?

Thank you.
 
I was trying to know the difference between traditional and non traditional pharmD. I am not aware of them. Can any1 help me?

Thank you.

From what I understand, a "non-traditional PharmD" is a pathway for pharmacists who already possess a BS in Pharmacy to obtain a PharmD. Since the PharmD is becoming the standard, a lot of the older pharmacists will obtain their PharmD to remain competitive, although I think I would take someone with years and years of experience over a new grad
 
I was trying to know the difference between traditional and non traditional pharmD. I am not aware of them. Can any1 help me?

Thank you.
The nontraditional PharmD is for registered pharmacists, usually those who already have a bachelor's degree. It is not an entry-level program. If you're not a pharmacist already, you'll need to do a traditional PharmD to become one.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad