non traditional pharmD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chandini

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was trying to know the difference between traditional and non traditional pharmD. I am not aware of them. Can any1 help me?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I was trying to know the difference between traditional and non traditional pharmD. I am not aware of them. Can any1 help me?

Thank you.

From what I understand, a "non-traditional PharmD" is a pathway for pharmacists who already possess a BS in Pharmacy to obtain a PharmD. Since the PharmD is becoming the standard, a lot of the older pharmacists will obtain their PharmD to remain competitive, although I think I would take someone with years and years of experience over a new grad

Thank you.
The nontraditional PharmD is for registered pharmacists, usually those who already have a bachelor's degree. It is not an entry-level program. If you're not a pharmacist already, you'll need to do a traditional PharmD to become one.

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I understand, a "non-traditional PharmD" is a pathway for pharmacists who already possess a BS in Pharmacy to obtain a PharmD.
Damn your speedy reply!