Noncompete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mister Mxyzptlk

Full Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can't recall where the discussion was so I'll start a new thread. Here is an interesting article on noncompete clauses and Stark, as well as the "public interest" consideration.

http://physiciansnews.com/law/1106rosenthal.html

If I were looking at jobs right now and saw a noncompete clause that fell under these rules I'd just keep my mouth shut. If things go sour, that will be a nice trump card to play when they try to enforce the noncompete clause.
 
I can't recall where the discussion was so I'll start a new thread. Here is an interesting article on noncompete clauses and Stark, as well as the "public interest" consideration.

http://physiciansnews.com/law/1106rosenthal.html

If I were looking at jobs right now and saw a noncompete clause that fell under these rules I'd just keep my mouth shut. If things go sour, that will be a nice trump card to play when they try to enforce the noncompete clause.

Let me tell you from personal experience, if you are in the process of finalizing a contract with an employer that has something that even SMELLS like a noncompete clause, RUN, run for your life.