Nondisjunction spermatogensis

Started by SaintJude
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SaintJude

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm posting this question, b/c I had to take a lot of time to think about it and I wanted to make sure I properly understood its lesson.

During meiosis II of spermatogenesis, nondisjunction of chromosome 4 occurs. The resultant gametes could contain:

I. two identical copies of chromosome 4
II. two non-identical copies of chromosome 4 with maternal & paternal genetic material.
II. two non-identical copies of chromosome 4 with only paternal genetic material.
And then they give you variations as usual.
-Qbank



Anyway, it's, highlight it's in white: I & II only.

2 questions:
1. Are I & II both referring to "n+1" situations?
2. Is II referring to "n+1" situation where a (non-even) no. of crossovers has led to the formation of two non-identical sister chromatids?
 
Last edited:
You should be able to find the answer pretty easy to this by looking at a diagram of meiosis but I am pretty sure the answer is 1 and 2 as it would be impossible to have nondisjunction result in two non-identical copies of a chromosome with DNA from only one parent.
 
1. Are I & II both referring to "n+1" situations?
2. Is II referring to "n+1" situation where a (non-even) no. of crossovers has led to the formation of two non-identical sister chromatids?
 

Similar threads

D
  • Question Question
Replies
4
Views
5K
deleted647690
D