Nonscience majors premed sequence...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

stressluver

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello All,

For those of you who are not science majors, or who did not graduate with an undergraduate degree in the sciences, I am wondering in what order you took your prereqs for med school. If you can post which classes you took each semester that would be appreciated. Thanks to all 😉 .
 
stressluver said:
Hello All,

For those of you who are not science majors, or who did not graduate with an undergraduate degree in the sciences, I am wondering in what order you took your prereqs for med school. If you can post which classes you took each semester that would be appreciated. Thanks to all 😉 .

Hey,

I was a psych. major and now am working on a counseling MS degree. The only classes I took other than the prereqs were genetics and A&P I & II.

Freshman year:
Chem I (fall)
Calc I (fall)
Chem II (spring)
Calc II (spring)

Summer after Freshman year:
Bio I

Sophomore year:
Orgo I (fall)
Orgo II (spring)

Summer after Sophomore year:
Bio II

Junior year:
Physics I (fall)
Physics II (spring)

Summer after junior year:
A&P I
A&P II

Senior year:
Genetics (fall)

Good luck!
 
stressluver said:
Hello All,

For those of you who are not science majors, or who did not graduate with an undergraduate degree in the sciences, I am wondering in what order you took your prereqs for med school. If you can post which classes you took each semester that would be appreciated. Thanks to all 😉 .

Bachelor's in women's studies, working on a masters in women's studies now.

Freshman year: Gen Chem 1 & 2, Bio 1 fall (bad idea), Calc 1 & 2 (also took AP, so it was easy)
Sophomore year: O Chem 1 & 2, Physics 1 & 2, Analytical Chem fall
Junior year: Nuclear chem spring, inorganic chem spring (upper division), Bio 2 spring
Senior year: I don't think I took any science classes, but I really can't remember. how bad is that?!

Clearly, I took more than I needed.