Nontrad looking for help with balanced school list. 3.79cgpa, 3.95sgpa, 518 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ole_Toe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have been reading WAMC threads for years now and finally have a chance to get some feedback from the community. I appreciate any guidance here!

Academics: Originally a humanities major (3.7). Completed postbac (4.0)
~3.8cgpa
3.9x sgpa
MCAT: 518
Research: 3000+hours of research/clinical, multiple publications (zero 1st author), ~10 posters, gave talk at national conference, and received small awards and grants for projects.
Volunteering: 100+ hours clinical and 250+ hours non-clinical.
Shadowing: ~30hrs ER. Hopefully my clinical experience will make up for this. Planning to get another few shifts in before interviews start.
Work: Over 2,500 hours of purely clinical hours working in clinical research with patients. Several other unique odd jobs dating back to college.
ECs: College athlete, some teaching experience

My current school list feels a bit top heavy. I am originally from California and am interested in moving back home. All other schools are on the east coast.
-Boston University
-Tufts
-Icahn
-Einstein
-SUNY Downstate
-Columbia
-Dartmouth
-Brown
-UVM
-Temple
-Jefferson
-Drexel
-Maryland
-Georgetown
-UC Davis
-UCSD
-UCLA
-UCSF
-USC
-Penn
-Cornell
-UChicago

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
When are you planning to apply ? Where is your current state of residence ?

I am applying this cycle. I am already verified and have secondaries prepped for several schools and drafted for most.

ORM

Thank you!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
You should receive several interviews from your list. UC Davis only matriculates 1 to 3 non residents yearly. You could add any of these schools:
Kaiser
California University
Hofstra
Rochester
Pittsburgh
Case Western
Tulane
Miami
Cincinnati

Thanks a million, Faha. Do you think my list is too top heavy or do I have a shot submitting my app to top tier schools like Uchicago, Cornell, etc?

Thanks a million, Faha. Do you think my list is too top heavy or do I have a shot submitting my app to top tier schools like Uchicago, Cornell, etc?
Your list is not too top heavy but top tier schools are unpredictable as to whether or not you will receive an interview.