Medical Nontraditional Student - Where should I apply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I would really appreciate any advice on where to apply and what schools to select.
My academic history is a bit of a mess. Very low undergrad GPA: 2.65 (2.64 BCPM GPA). Was an international student, I assume full responsibility for my performance. Since then I joined the Army, was naturalized, and got an honorable discharge. In the Army, I was a Medic, had leadership experience, was also involved in the training of soldiers.
After my discharge, I did 32 credits of DIY post-bacc that I started in the Army. My GPA was 3.7 for the post-bacc.
Completed classes in an SMP (3.7 GPA) around 32 credits.
My MCAT retake is 515 (128/128/128/131), the first one was 506.
Have almost 4k hours as an ER Tech in community ER and about a 200 (will be closer to 800 by January) research hours. Volunteer BJJ coach ~120 hours (had to cut short due to SMP classes, will pick up in Fall again or after COVID, if that will ever happen). Have awards from the military, I don't know if it matters and was a second author on a publication.
Have a good rural background (grew up on a collectivist farm). I have no preference over DO vs MD. I work with both and can't even tell the difference.
I did browse through the forums and made a preliminary list of schools, are there any more that I should add or subtract?

Thank you!

My MD list is:

Dartmouth
BU
USUHS
Pitt
EVMS
U Miami
Hofstra
Emory
Jefferson
Drexel
Albany
Tufts
NYMC
UMASS
Rush
Loyola
Rosy Franklin
Tulane
Wake
MCW
SLU
Creighton
Wayne State
Netter
east TN/Quillan (very veteran loving)
UCSF
Case
Gtown
GWU

My DO List:

KCOM
UNECOM (only if you're from the northeast)
PCOM (all campuses)
KCUCOM
DMUCOM
All Touros
Both Westerns
LECOM
MUCOM
CUSOM
ACOM
Many thanks for your service! Hooooahhh!
My mods to your list above

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.