Northeastern 2020-21

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jspencerd

Reaction score
Maybe I’m wrong, but I haven’t seen a thread for Northeastern started.
Feel free to share when you applied, stats, etc!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I applied on 9/20 and haven't heard anything back yet.

cGPA: 3.65
pGPA: 3.48
EC: president of a club sport, vice president of exercise phys club, stats tutor, teaching assistant for exercise phys, freshman leader, server at a restaurant
Observation: 60 hours (outpatient peds and ortho, inpatient neuro and ortho)

Reactions: 1 user
I applied in late September and Northeastern is my top choice!
cGPA 3.7
GRE: 150 V, 157 Q, 5.0 AW
Hours: 460 in outpatient sports and ortho
EC: exec board of sorority, various on and off-campus jobs, resident adviser, volunteering with local organizations near my college

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone I also applied to northeastern and it is my top choice.
I have only got the confirmation email. Hopefully, we get answers soon! Good luck

Hi everyone I also applied to northeastern and it is my top choice.
I have only got the confirmation email. Hopefully, we get answers soon! Good luck
They said we should hear something late December/early January. Anxious to hear back!!

Hey everyone! I just found this forum. I was accepted yesterday! I haven't fully decided to attend yet because I want to be sure it's the right choice but it's one of my top!

Hey everyone! I just found this forum. I was accepted yesterday! I haven't fully decided to attend yet because I want to be sure it's the right choice but it's one of my top!
Congrats! Did you interview first?

Congrats!! That's awesome. If you don't mind what are your stats?

Congrats!! That's awesome. If you don't mind what are your stats?
Overall GPA 3.88
Verbal 157
Quantitative 150
Writing 4.5
Observation hours around 40 - primarily outpatient ortho

• Love
Congrats!! Did they call or send an email? Hoping they are still going to send out some more acceptances in the future!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted to Northeastern today! They want the deposit by the 22nd so I'm scrambling to figure out the cost of attendance. I was accepted to BostonU as well and had been planning to go there until today. Tuition for BU is so high but I received a scholarship from them that brings tuition down to something more reasonable (roughly $15,000 less than NEU's tuition). I know NEU has a co-op program for PT students which allows for 6 months of full-time employment during the program. I want to go to the school that would leave me with a lower cost of attendance. Does anyone have more info about the co-op employers for NEU and how much the participants in the program get paid?

I was also admitted today. The two day turn around is so tough to put a deposit down. I'm trying to figure out cost as well, my option up until today was Chapman U in CA because its where I go to undergrad. I have no idea what to do now.

I was accepted to Northeastern today! They want the deposit by the 22nd so I'm scrambling to figure out the cost of attendance. I was accepted to BostonU as well and had been planning to go there until today. Tuition for BU is so high but I received a scholarship from them that brings tuition down to something more reasonable (roughly $15,000 less than NEU's tuition). I know NEU has a co-op program for PT students which allows for 6 months of full-time employment during the program. I want to go to the school that would leave me with a lower cost of attendance. Does anyone have more info about the co-op employers for NEU and how much the participants in the program get paid?
Congrats on your acceptance! I don’t have the exact info youre asking for but I was in a similar situation with a school that had a paid internship, and they were able to give me the average income when I called to ask about it! I would suggest seeing if you can get in contact with them, because it’s most likely information that they will be able to give you to help make your decision.

Congrats on your acceptance! I don’t have the exact info youre asking for but I was in a similar situation with a school that had a paid internship, and they were able to give me the average income when I called to ask about it! I would suggest seeing if you can get in contact with them, because it’s most likely information that they will be able to give you to help make your decision.
Great, thank you!

Received my first acceptance to Northeastern after being waitlisted at 5 programs. Feeling so relieved 😅

Received my first acceptance to Northeastern after being waitlisted at 5 programs. Feeling so relieved 😅
Do you mind sharing your stats? And the schools that you were waitlisted at? Just trying to gauge my chances.

Do you mind sharing your stats? And the schools that you were waitlisted at? Just trying to gauge my chances.
Overall GPA: 3.42
Pre req GPA: 3.38
GRE: 151,147,4.5
EC: 500 hours of observation in 3 different clinics, study abroad, college athlete, bilingual, small amount of research experience, participated in many athletic intramural clubs abroad, deans list a few semesters
Waitlisted at: Northwestern, MGHIHP, Chapman (fall and spring), University of Puget Sound, and had an interview with UCSF but was denied after.

Received a chance to be on the waitlist but turned it down.

Overall GPA: 3.42
Pre req GPA: 3.38
GRE: 151,147,4.5
EC: 500 hours of observation in 3 different clinics, study abroad, college athlete, bilingual, small amount of research experience, participated in many athletic intramural clubs abroad, deans list a few semesters
Waitlisted at: Northwestern, MGHIHP, Chapman (fall and spring), University of Puget Sound, and had an interview with UCSF but was denied after.
Thank you so much for sharing. Congrats and Good luck to you!

Hello! I just found this thread today and I got accepted to the DPT program at Northeastern University for the class of 2024! I am looking to find roommates in Boston and if anyone knows good apartment complexes to live in! Also, has anyone got more information from Northeastern? After my acceptance I only have gotten a welcome letter so far. I'm so excited to attend this program in July!

Hello! I just found this thread today and I got accepted to the DPT program at Northeastern University for the class of 2024! I am looking to find roommates in Boston and if anyone knows good apartment complexes to live in! Also, has anyone got more information from Northeastern? After my acceptance I only have gotten a welcome letter so far. I'm so excited to attend this program in July!
Hi William,
I will be attending Northeastern in July! I received an email about immunizations and vaccinations that we will have to submit one month prior to entering. I received this email about 2 weeks after my acceptance

Hi! I'm deciding between Northeastern and Simmons. Any advice?

Just got a notification that Northeastern is still filling seats and they should have admissions decisions by mid March