Northeastern DPT Essay Prompts

Started by heyyyyypt
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

heyyyyypt

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Heyyy!! I was wondering if anyone has any advice on approaching the Northeastern essay prompt:
1. "Does your academic record accurately reflect your capabilities? Please explain." I already noticed there's already a section to go more in depth about academic troubles/GPA slip ups under the Education section, so I don't want to be redundant when answering Northeastern's prompt.
2. "Are you the first generation to enroll in higher education? If yes, explain:"... what should I talk about if that's the case for me

Any help is appreciated!! Thanks!!
 
Hi! I have never filled out Northeastern’s application and I start at my program next month, but I might be able to help you out.

1. Yes, this is quite redundant, but the school put this question there for a reason. They want you to have more space to elaborate and go into depth about any academic struggles you had throughout college! Feel free to say similar things that you said earlier in the application, just expand on them. Many programs have essay prompts that are very redundant and they know this!

2. Talk about what it has been like being a first generation student. Are there any challenges you have overcome? Did any of this lead you to PT? How will you use this perspective in a PT program and later in your career? Really you could talk about anything! These are just some ideas.