• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

Violet786

10+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Has anyone ever interviewed or is attending this pharmacy school? Just wanted to know what the interview and school is like. Thanks so much!

astevens

10+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I interviewed there last year. I had a one-on one interview with the dean. he asked me my goals in pharmacy and explained what the school focuses on. I hated the school, but they were looking for something completely different that what I wanted to do- so se la vie.

psychoandy

10+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2005
I interviewed there last year. I had a one-on one interview with the dean. he asked me my goals in pharmacy and explained what the school focuses on. I hated the school, but they were looking for something completely different that what I wanted to do- so se la vie.

Hah...could you enlighten me? I didn't think Northeastern really focuses on anything except for coop, cranking out 6 year PharmDs, and taking your money...

About the Ads

astevens

10+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I applied for the 4 year program and they told me that they are focusing on getting people who will "be vital to the expansion and furtherance of pharmacy" and said that they want people who don't just want to be retail pharmacists, but want people who will be involved in politics or in changing how pharmacy actually runs. Since I want to work in patient care- and defiently not politics or lobbying, I decided that this was not where I wanted to go!

ApplicantPharmD

10+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I applied for the 4 year program and they told me that they are focusing on getting people who will "be vital to the expansion and furtherance of pharmacy" and said that they want people who don't just want to be retail pharmacists, but want people who will be involved in politics or in changing how pharmacy actually runs. Since I want to work in patient care- and defiently not politics or lobbying, I decided that this was not where I wanted to go!

So u mean u applied for grad entry prog?????? did u ever got an interview call??????

DRWHY

10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
Transfer goes as undergrad entry and you should apply through undergraduate admissions. But I think they will not accept any transfer students anylonger.:(

greatdeals225

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2006
Worcester, MA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Transfer goes as undergrad entry and you should apply through undergraduate admissions. But I think they will not accept any transfer students anylonger.:(

how about for those that already applied nov-dec 2006? where do your sources come from?

DRWHY

10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
Look at the threat below on this same page!
Here is the copy of what was posted there:

Northeastern University email
I wonder if anyone of you got that, but I got an email from NU admissions:

" Due to the continued development of the School of Pharmacy Graduate Entry Program, we have been informed that we can no longer accept undergraduate transfer applications for the program. We understand this information may be upsetting, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please note that if you have paid your application fee, we will refund it within the next two weeks.

We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors,
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions "

so does that mean that people can't apply anymore or even those who applied early early will be refunded..... :(

astevens

10+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
they have a separate 4 year graduate program- for people who already have a BS/BA

DRWHY

10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
That's is correct! They also accepting like 10 students total into that Graduate Entry program :(! But these lucky once already have been asked to come to the interview.:)

ApplicantPharmD

10+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
That's is correct! They also accepting like 10 students total into that Graduate Entry program :(! But these lucky once already have been asked to come to the interview.:)[/quote

How do you know tht they are accepting only 10 students for Graduate entry prog and tht they already got an invitation for the interview?????? I applied there too...im worried...:(

About the Ads

ApplicantPharmD

10+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I just talked to the lady at the admissions office..she told me tht they are only accepting 15 students for graduate entry pharmD:( ...and also no interview invites have been sent...they are still reviewing and we will hear from them by the end of this month or the start of next month...

DRWHY

10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
I hate to disappoint you guys, but at least few the interview invitations were sent already.

Via e-mail.

Keep hoping and good luck to all of you!

ApplicantPharmD

10+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I hate to disappoint you guys, but at least few the interview invitations were sent already.

Via e-mail.

Keep hoping and good luck to all of you!

Then why did the lady from admission told me that they will start sending interview invitations by the end of this month...i dont understand...this is so disappointing...where did you get this information from????? did you get an interview invite???? and are you talking about the interview invitations for the graduate entry pharmD???????

DRWHY

10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
Then why did the lady from admission told me that they will start sending interview invitations by the end of this month...i dont understand...this is so disappointing...where did you get this information from????? did you get an interview invite???? and are you talking about the interview invitations for the graduate entry pharmD???????

The admission process into US medical schools and well as Pharmacy schools is very though and nerve-racking :mad:!
Nothing really you can do just keep your fingers crossed and wait, wait, wait...........................................

And to answer your questions, yes, I am talking about the Grad entry PharmD program.
Good luck.

greatdeals225

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2006
Worcester, MA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
so what's the difference btwn grad entry pharmD and undergrad pharmD?

if you applied to transfer into their 3rd year, is that grad or undergrad?

They sent me a letter today saying that they don't accept anymore grad students....

xlhpharm

10+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
i am so glad to receive the interview invitation for graduate entry PharmD via e-mail yesterday!!! anybody had interview already, any tips for me please:) :)

ApplicantPharmD

10+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
i am so glad to receive the interview invitation for graduate entry PharmD via e-mail yesterday!!! anybody had interview already, any tips for me please:) :)

Do you mind sharing your stats plz..ive also applied there...waiting to hear from them...r u in-state resident????

ruth1:16

10+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hey, I just recieved and interview invite at NEU, but I live in Nebraska so it is a phone interview... will this hurt my chances of getting in? I really want to go there. also- only 15 students?!?!?! is the program supposed to be really good? Why are they so selective???
please let me know! Thanks!!

DRWHY

10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
I don't think that over the phone interview will hurt you more than the 'in person' one unless you screw it! Jut kidding! :)

I was told because they stop accepting transfer applicants, there will be about 20 spaces available for Grad entry this year. I also was told that they will be interviewing until the end of this week and than making decisions/sending letters beginning next week, but I know that if they like you very much you will get an acceptance letter right away (xlhpharm was accepted just a few days after his interview!)

I like the school very much. They are building a lot of new facilities. The location is beautiful, -- they are in the middle of the city. I really would like to go there, but now think that because I don't have any pharmacy related experience they won't accept me! :(

Good luck with your interview though.

About the Ads

xlhpharm

10+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
i was told they will accept 25 students for this fall. they only invite few people to interview, so the interview : acceptance = 2 or 3 :1. so you have good chance to get in.

annapark

10+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
i called too, they don't interview all applicants, so if you don't get an interview doesn't mean that you won't be accepted...

but i'm thinking if you are interviewed, increases your chances of acceptance

10+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hey, I had my interview and I feel really bad about it, I am just so nervous because I really want to go there... it is REALLY competitive too. I like the school because I don't want to do retail, and I think that is the direction they are going. How did everyone else who interviewed feel about it?

lika02

10+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
i had an interview on feb 16, and im going crazy waiting for a response from them. has anybody been accepted there beside the guy that had a 3.79 gpa?

lika02

10+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
they told me that the interview went well and i have to wait for 15 march for a response. they are accepting 25 people this year and they intervied around 50

jc430

10+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2007
Status (Visible)
Would anyone who's interviewed for grad-entry mind sharing what the interview was like?

Thanks.

HungryHippo

10+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Would anyone who's interviewed for grad-entry mind sharing what the interview was like?

Thanks.

I heard that most of the interviews last about half an hour. However, mine lasted an hour, but I asked a ton of questions about their program. The interview wasn't stressful, just be prepared for the typical questions, like why pharmacy?, what do you have to offer as a candidate?, what challenges do you see pharmacists facing in the future?, etc. I had my interview on a Tuesday, and I received an acceptance letter the following Saturday, although they said I wouldn't receive a decision for one to two weeks! I will be going there in the Fall. Good luck!

lika02

10+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
we have to wait for another week , because they are sending the letters next week

About the Ads

10+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I interviewed February 28th and I still have not heard anything... I am getting ansy!! I just want to know either way....

jc430

10+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2007
Status (Visible)
hey ruth 1:16

i just got a letter in the mail from neu and i got in. i had a phone interview last week.

from my understanding they should be letting all their applicants know by this week because the last interviews were held until last friday.

were you also @ the mcphs interview the last friday of feb?

good luck to you and all the rest waiting to hear from northeastern!

DRWHY

10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
hey ruth 1:16

i just got a letter in the mail from neu and i got in. i had a phone interview last week.

from my understanding they should be letting all their applicants know by this week because the last interviews were held until last friday.

were you also @ the mcphs interview the last friday of feb?

good luck to you and all the rest waiting to hear from northeastern!

Are you also a pharmacy technician? It seems to me that NEU accepted so far only those who is holding a Pharm Tech certificates. Or I am wrong?:(

10+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
to DRWHY and JC430-

No, I am not a pharm tech, so that might hurt me, but at my interview I explained that I have done pharmacy shadowing, but mainly in the hospital setting because I want to specialize in oncology and do research. Honestly, I dont think I got accepted because even though I have a strong aplication, the guy who interviewed me didnt seem that interested. Just a gut feeling :(. Congrats to everyone who got accepted though!!! Also, I interviewed at MCPHS in the middle of Febraury and got accepted but dont know if I want to go there. I also got in to UNC- input anyone on where I should go????

congrats again!

DRWHY

10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
to DRWHY and JC430-

No, I am not a pharm tech, so that might hurt me, but at my interview I explained that I have done pharmacy shadowing, but mainly in the hospital setting because I want to specialize in oncology and do research. Honestly, I dont think I got accepted because even though I have a strong aplication, the guy who interviewed me didnt seem that interested. Just a gut feeling :(. Congrats to everyone who got accepted though!!! Also, I interviewed at MCPHS in the middle of Febraury and got accepted but dont know if I want to go there. I also got in to UNC- input anyone on where I should go????

congrats again!
Well, you shadowed. I think that is it. Also, are you already graduated? If yes, that is it too.
I am not sure, but it also seems to me that they are accepting people who has a degree already.
Anyway, will wait ....

10+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Well, you shadowed. I think that is it. Also, are you already graduated? If yes, that is it too.
I am not sure, but it also seems to me that they are accepting people who has a degree already.
Anyway, will wait ....

i graduate in may with a biochem degree (yay!!). but yes, we will wait and see :)

jc430

10+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2007
Status (Visible)
hey drwhy

i didn't have tech exp, but i did do a little shadowing. also have my degree.

i hope you get some good news this week.

DRWHY

10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
So, one more week went by.............
Anyone got news from NEU?
I am still waiting...............................

lika02

10+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
does anybody know what is the deadline to confirm the acceptance?

DRWHY

10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
I can not believe that only 3 people heard from NEU so far!
Plus they told me that I should get something by March 15th and today, March 30th, nothing in the mail again! :(
They are killing me!:mad:

DRWHY

10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
Well, today I've got a small envelope from NEU. :(
I thought I was going to faint because small envelope in my mind mean rejection! :scared:
O'contrare, it was an acceptance! :D I got in! :luck:

The point is: do not be afraid of small envelopes! It might be not what you think!
Good luck everyone!

jc430

10+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2007
Status (Visible)
congrats DRWHY! will you be heading to boston in the fall? if so, i'll see you there.

DRWHY

10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
congrats DRWHY! will you be heading to boston in the fall? if so, i'll see you there.

Thank, but I am living literary around the corner from college! So, technically I am in Boston already. :D

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.