Northeastern University Co-op experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ajax16

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Basically i will be at northeastern next fall (transfer) and just wondering has any experience with their co-op program. If so please tell me about it btw i will be majoring in Behavioral Neuroscience so if you have any experience with that specifically it would be awesome!:D
cheers!

Members don't see this ad.

Basically i will be at northeastern next fall (transfer) and just wondering has any experience with their co-op program. If so please tell me about it btw i will be majoring in Behavioral Neuroscience so if you have any experience with that specifically it would be awesome!:D
cheers!

The co-op program is excellent, and you will get a good six-month position especially in neuroscience. Get to know your co-op advisor, and she/he will set you up. NU has a very good relationship with many employers in the Boston area, so be aware that if you're a complete jerk-off your advisor has no real obligation to help you get a good position if she thinks you're gonna suck and ruin that relationship.

The co-op program is excellent, and you will get a good six-month position especially in neuroscience. Get to know your co-op advisor, and she/he will set you up. NU has a very good relationship with many employers in the Boston area, so be aware that if you're a complete jerk-off your advisor has no real obligation to help you get a good position if she thinks you're gonna suck and ruin that relationship.
Just by chance, are you still at NEU?

Members don't see this ad :)
cheers!

The co-op is amazing! The college of science does a pretty good job of helping you get a co-op (I was BIO but BNS is pretty similar). They will likely get you a research position at one of the many hospitals/biotechs around Boston. The only advice I would give you is to be proactive- they don't just hand you a co-op- you are actively applying and interviewing and need to stay on top of the process and in constant contact with your advisors to get what you want. Other than that NU was one of the best decisions I made and the co-op helps to get you real experience in your field of interest which is amazing!