Northern California Private Practice Ortho Group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

callmeanesthesia

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My group is looking to hire another interventional pain doc due to volume and community need. I’m anesthesia/pain and do mostly bread and butter injections, lots of RFA, some joint injections, and some SCS, and my partner who is PM&R/spine fellowship does lumbar interventions and EMGs. Procedures almost all done in clinic including SCS trial and kypho. No opioid management (unless you want to). I don’t. Partner does a tiny bit for long-time patients. 2 local long-standing pain Docs retired last year and sent me most of their patients, so I’m booked several months out.

The group has high but mostly fixed overhead, so it only works if you want to be busy and most likely are comfortable having a PA (or 2). I made almost 7 figures last year, and have been with the group since I graduated fellowship in 2018.

The group is very egalitarian. No differentiation between Ortho and non-Ortho, and no senior or junior partners. Can buy-in after 1-2 years. Employee physicians are encouraged to attend the weekly partner meetings, and have a say in decisions. Basically you run your practice how you want. Want to do all the latest procedures? Have at it. The hospital and ASC will love you. Want to do regen and harvest your own BMAC in the office? No one will stop you. There’s currently a desperate community need for anesthesia so if that’s your background and you want to do part time OR while you start up (or forever) you can and would be loved by the surgeons for it.

It’s in California, so state income tax is high, and it’s semi-rural. However, property is affordable. I own 3 acres and a 3500 sq ft house and I paid $600k for it in 2019. Now it would probably be about $750k. There are huge lakes, lots of fishing, and skiing. It gets really hot in the summer but not too cold in the winter.

PM me if you’re interested.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
I hope y'all expanding by 2025, would love to join then.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My group is looking to hire another interventional pain doc due to volume and community need. I’m anesthesia/pain and do mostly bread and butter injections, lots of RFA, some joint injections, and some SCS, and my partner who is PM&R/spine fellowship does lumbar interventions and EMGs. Procedures almost all done in clinic including SCS trial and kypho. No opioid management (unless you want to). I don’t. Partner does a tiny bit for long-time patients. 2 local long-standing pain Docs retired last year and sent me most of their patients, so I’m booked several months out.

The group has high but mostly fixed overhead, so it only works if you want to be busy and most likely are comfortable having a PA (or 2). I made almost 7 figures last year, and have been with the group since I graduated fellowship in 2018.

The group is very egalitarian. No differentiation between Ortho and non-Ortho, and no senior or junior partners. Can buy-in after 1-2 years. Employee physicians are encouraged to attend the weekly partner meetings, and have a say in decisions. Basically you run your practice how you want. Want to do all the latest procedures? Have at it. The hospital and ASC will love you. Want to do regen and harvest your own BMAC in the office? No one will stop you. There’s currently a desperate community need for anesthesia so if that’s your background and you want to do part time OR while you start up (or forever) you can and would be loved by the surgeons for it.

It’s in California, so state income tax is high, and it’s semi-rural. However, property is affordable. I own 3 acres and a 3500 sq ft house and I paid $600k for it in 2019. Now it would probably be about $750k. There are huge lakes, lots of fishing, and skiing. It gets really hot in the summer but not too cold in the winter.

Can I commute from Oregon?

Reactions: 1 user
after a short while you could buy your own Cessna, andfly down 4 days a week, fly back for the weekend.

but can you give up control of the other aspects of your practice, like financials et all?

PM

PM’d you