abeanatrice

Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2004
77
1
Pittsburgh, PA
Status
MD/PhD Student
Does anyone know if Northwestern has sent out the big batch of acceptances that was promised? I am getting antsy, but figure I'll hold off on annoying the administration for a few days since I did interview at the final date...

Thanks.
 

paramus

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2004
53
0
Status
They haven't sent me anything, although I really wish they would - careful what you wish for...
 

paramus

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2004
53
0
Status
paramus said:
They haven't sent me anything, although I really wish they would - careful what you wish for...
We regret to inform you that the anorexic envelopes are on the move.
 

staticfritz

doctor doctor to be
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2003
52
0
36
Chicago
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
if it's any help, i had an early accpetance, and they just emailed me asking to 'guage' my interest in attending so they could figure out how many more letters to send out.
 

paramus

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2004
53
0
Status
staticfritz said:
if it's any help, i had an early accpetance, and they just emailed me asking to 'guage' my interest in attending so they could figure out how many more letters to send out.
It doesn't help me out since mine was a flat rejection...at least I get to keep my car now.
 
OP
A

abeanatrice

Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2004
77
1
Pittsburgh, PA
Status
MD/PhD Student
paramus said:
It doesn't help me out since mine was a flat rejection...at least I get to keep my car now.

Yeah, I got the same. Screw them for their "gauging." I was actually pretty seriously considering attending. I was really surprised that they sent out flat out rejections rather than just waitlisting...but maybe that means that I was really that bad. I didn't think the interviews went too poorly, there was just the guy that I realized reviewed one of my PI's R01's and tried to tell me that we weren't the first to be doing what we were doing because he had read this one grant (most likely ours) a couple of years ago...anyway, a little bitter, but mostly jealous. I'm trying to believe in fate right now.
 

paramus

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2004
53
0
Status
abeanatrice said:
Yeah, I got the same. Screw them for their "gauging." I was actually pretty seriously considering attending. I was really surprised that they sent out flat out rejections rather than just waitlisting...but maybe that means that I was really that bad. I didn't think the interviews went too poorly, there was just the guy that I realized reviewed one of my PI's R01's and tried to tell me that we weren't the first to be doing what we were doing because he had read this one grant (most likely ours) a couple of years ago...anyway, a little bitter, but mostly jealous. I'm trying to believe in fate right now.
I really liked the school too, but my interviews were pretty lackluster. I hated not knowing what I was supposed to be doing in each, and only one of however many there were obviously centered on my application. My student interview was pretty awful too. How they ended up evaluating us is beyond me.

I'm starting to get nervous in general. If things don't turn around soon, I might be at this again next year. God, that would suck!