Northwestern: Intent to Matriculate Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sammmeyeam

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been accepted at Northwestern, and I got a letter about my "intent to matriculate" and I have the choice of either checking "No, I will not attend"

or "I will attend NUMS..."

Is this binding? What if I get off a waitlist before school starts. Can I still withdrawal my application?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I heard somewhere that it is binding. I was advised for my letters of interest to be in less binding terms for the schools of lesser personal interest.

"intent to matriculate" is the phrase reserved for your #1 choice.

If you can find something 'new,' you might be away to slip out of this, if it is binding. E.g. falt in the financial package, etc.

this is just a confirmation that you still want to attend checking no is saying that you are withdrawing. If you are accepted somewhere else you can write a letter that you are withdrawing. dont check no unless you have other acceptances that you prefer

hey sam,

i guess there is nothing really binding besides your word. people get in off wait lists all the time, so don't feel bad if you get off from the UCSD waitlist and take that offer. essentially, schools don't want you to be holding more than one acceptence at a time. if you get in off the waitlist somewhere, and then drop the seat you were previously holding as soon as possible, then i would assume that this is understandable.

NUMS doesnt want to deal with the headache of processing checks and issuing refunds. most schools do require a deposit, and end up making even more money out of this waitlist process.

Good luck on your waitlist process.

I'm here already at NUMS, and its really nice here in the summer. let me know if you ever are 100% going to NUMS.