Northwestern Status Update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phenylalanine

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just as I was starting to think my NW's status page is foreverly stuck on 8/9/2005... they updated it today...no interview invite, basically the same info but they added "this status page is updated daily" .. haha.. anyone else getting this?

Members don't see this ad.

omg, you're right. I just checked like this afternoon and nothing had changed. now it says "Your application is complete and still under review. This information is updated daily."

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah me too, they're probably just sick of ppl calling.

I wonder how much longer will we still be "under review"... have they sent out any rejections yet?

I received my letter of REJECTION from NW weeks ago, and my app status page says this....

Application Status for "TimmyTheWonderD":
Your Supplemental Application and application fee were received August 15, 2005.
All letters of recommendation were received August 16, 2005.

Your application is complete and still under review. This information is updated daily.

By who? Someone who obviously has NO CLUE what is REALLY going on!
HA HAHAA HAAA!!!!! :laugh:

Don't place too much credence in this status page people...if they were TRULY sick of people calling they would bother posting the CORRECT INFORMATION!!!!!!!!!

TimmyTheWonderD said:
I received my letter of REJECTION from NW weeks ago, and my app status page says this....

Application Status for "TimmyTheWonderD":
Your Supplemental Application and application fee were received August 15, 2005.
All letters of recommendation were received August 16, 2005.

Your application is complete and still under review. This information is updated daily.

By who? Someone who obviously has NO CLUE what is REALLY going on!
HA HAHAA HAAA!!!!! :laugh:

Don't place too much credence in this status page people...if they were TRULY sick of people calling they would bother posting the CORRECT INFORMATION!!!!!!!!!

well that just smells of nasty farts.

TheDarkSide said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's classic.

Yea, it stings being rejected, but being rejected by people that run their website a little like the three stooges is a little less painful.... humor helps, man! It helps a lot! Maybe NW just has a REALLY good, or twisted depending on how you view it, sense of humor!

checking my northwestern status page has become a daily ritual along with brushing my teeth and getting dressed in the morning. at least with vandy, they let you know quickly.

glp said:
checking my northwestern status page has become a daily ritual along with brushing my teeth and getting dressed in the morning. at least with vandy, they let you know quickly.

vandy's wait comes after interview... 6-8 weeks before an answer .. and so many people interview there, their acceptances: interviews ratio worries me :(

i think all of this reflects very poorly on northwestern. it makes me not want to go there. even ohio state notified in 2 weeks

Shredder said:
i think all of this reflects very poorly on northwestern. it makes me not want to go there. even ohio state notified in 2 weeks

yea, for a school that has a reputation such as NW you would think their **** would be a little more together than it is. :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
so what is the url to the northwestern status page?

exactly, its very unimpressive. might be a harbinger of their state of affairs in general

BMW M3 said:
so what is the url to the northwestern status page?
you can only access it through the link in the email they sent out way back when for your secondary.

yourmom25 said:
you can only access it through the link in the email they sent out way back when for your secondary.

No, you just have to follow a trail of breadcrumbs from www.northwestern.edu all the way to the actual 2006 secure applicant site!

Prowler has posted it....it is really an irritating process and I recommend you bookmark the damn thing.

justskipee said:
omg, you're right. I just checked like this afternoon and nothing had changed. now it says "Your application is complete and still under review. This information is updated daily."
Me too. I do wonder if it has any significance other than "stop calling us!" :)

I am pretty outraged at how obnoxiously difficult the schools have made it for us applicants. All schools should have an easily accessible online status page, that tells you all the info (letters, each one and when received, fees, secondary) as well as updates on what is going on. So when your file goes into their little review board, it should say that, some schools do it but more need to. Then any decisions should be found there, interview, and post decisions. If schools give the applicants an easy portal to get all the info they need, then we wouldn't have to bug them so much.

This sums it up well:
"Friggin Idiots"
"Tina! come get some ham! - napolean dynamite

so who thinks that those of us who have been complete since, ohhh, the end of july but haven't received a rejection actually have a chance of getting an interview? i gave up a couple months ago, but now i'm wondering since i haven't received a rejection...similar situation with my app to stanford. anyone know when these schools stop offering interview invites?

Yeah, I'm that way too - It seems like there are people who have gotten rejection letters, so if you're still under review maybe it's not such a bad thing. Basically, I feel like if I do indeed get an interview invite from NU, I'll go just cause I'm in the Chicago area (no reason not to, right?) but I'll assume I'm interviewing for the waitlist. We'll have to just keep waiting and see what happens, I guess.

thinknofu3 said:
Yeah, I'm that way too - It seems like there are people who have gotten rejection letters, so if you're still under review maybe it's not such a bad thing. Basically, I feel like if I do indeed get an interview invite from NU, I'll go just cause I'm in the Chicago area (no reason not to, right?) but I'll assume I'm interviewing for the waitlist. We'll have to just keep waiting and see what happens, I guess.

i'm from illinois and have lots of friends in chicago, so i'm always looking for an excuse to visit...i'd definitely go to the interview if offered one, though the whole group torture thing never sounded exciting in the first place!

thinknofu3 said:

NU is non-rolling. they interview until the end of jan, send out decisions in feb. if you manage to interview before then, you have the same chance as everyone else.

I just thought of something for schools to do (some may do this already, I dont know). You app should be given a sticker with a barcode on it. At each stage, it just gets scanned and updated that night on the computer. That way, you know what is going on at each stage and it is easier for everyone in the office to keep track of it. Kind of like Atul's barcode program for surgical supplies. Keeps things streamlined and easy to follow.

TimmyTheWonderD said:
yea, for a school that has a reputation such as NW you would think their **** would be a little more together than it is. :smuggrin:

i think they probably don't really care because they feel that their reputation is so strong, they don't have to worry about impressing applicants...

its not that strong and ive seen better at better schools, so that logic cant work

I don't see what the big deal is. If you're going to get an interview invite, they'll e-mail you about it. If you're accepted/rejected, you'll find out in February. The website doesn't really mean much.