Northwestern University Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adizz mfresh

not set up to mold rubber
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
starting a new thread for all those accepted to feinberg school of medicine.

Members don't see this ad.

Northwestern what what. Do you think you're gonna attend?

:hello: Accepted today!

Members don't see this ad :)
:hello: Accepted today!

awesome news mr. linguini.

it is starting to really feel like im going to attend northwestern. still have some schools im waiting on that i would have to thoroughly consider. but since the acceptance i haven't gotten any positive news. so i get more and more attached by the day:love:

awesome news mr. linguini.

it is starting to really feel like im going to attend northwestern. still have some schools im waiting on that i would have to thoroughly consider. but since the acceptance i haven't gotten any positive news. so i get more and more attached by the day:love:

Ms. Linguini...I'll let it slide though :p

Northwestern is at the top of my list right now! But I will def have to wait to hear from more schools before making any final decisions.

Did y'all get a confirmation from Feinberg after mailing/faxing your acceptance letter?

My other schools have sent me a letter back, but I've heard nothing from Northwestern for almost 2 months.

Did y'all get a confirmation from Feinberg after mailing/faxing your acceptance letter?

My other schools have sent me a letter back, but I've heard nothing from Northwestern for almost 2 months.

I haven't gotten anything, but it's only been a few weeks for me. I might call them in a while to check that they got it.

Ok... lemme know if you get anything!

i just got my acceptance email this week! very excited. does anyone know how much the deposit is?

thanks! yeah i just got the letter today! no deposit!!! thats really nice! one school i got accepted to wanted a deposit of 400 dollars and only 100 of it was refundable if you chose not to come! thats crazy! but i'm glad NW didn't require a deposit cuz i sure am broke! lol. anyways, good luck to everyone else waiting! and congrats to all who got accepted.

Is second look weekend actually on April 30-May 1 (Thursday and Friday)? Are most second look "weekends" not actually on the weekend? I really want to see the school again but I don't know if I can take 2 days off of work to do it!

yay feinberg~! there's a good chance i'll be coming ^^

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey All Incoming Feinberg Students!
I am currently a medical student at Feinberg and I just moved into a brand new building that's a 15 minute walk away from school (some people think that's too far) but it's one of those luxury high rise, multiple amenity buildings and is somewhat cheaper than the buildings near school but with more amenities (washer/dryer in apartment, etc). Our building is currently offering a $1000 recommending bonus. So if you're interested in checking it out during second look or any other time, feel free to PM me and I can set it up for second look or some other weekend. It would be nice to have some other medical students in the building and I would, of course, split whatever the bonus is with you.

Keep in mind that when I say somewhat cheaper, it is still pretty expensive to me because of the location in Chicago.

Also, feel free to PM me about any other questions you have about Feinberg. Good luck deciding!

has anyone gotten finaid packages yet?

This thread is dead!

Logged in to my NU account today and finaid is posted if you haven't checked yet.

P.S. that is the cutest puppy ever.

Found it, thanks. I was being dumb and forgot all about the NW system, and was looking for a link in the app system.

Wow, so expensive.....

Yeah expensive......

I'm not sure what you financial situation is, but do you have 2 different Grad Plus amounts listed?

Yeah expensive......

I'm not sure what you financial situation is, but do you have 2 different Grad Plus amounts listed?

Yeah I do... one for 24k and one for 4k. I can't figure out what the difference is.

Yeah I do... one for 24k and one for 4k. I can't figure out what the difference is.

I emailed finaid about it and here is what they said:

."The GradPlus loans are listed separately because the first (larger) amount will be disbursed in two disbursements; one at the beginning of the year and one at the midpoint around January. The second (smaller) GradPlus loan is disbursed in one lump sum. This loan is meant to cover the cost of a computer purchase as well as your student health insurance.".

did anyone get a need based grant as part of their financial aid package? If so, for how much? Also, how did your feinberg financial aid package compare to other schools?

I went to http://www.northwestern.edu/caesar/
Logged in with the ID they gave me
Clicked "View Financial Aid"

Did you get your finaid stuff in by 3/13?
hmm, I sent all my stuff in by the deadline and it's not there. However, I got a separate email about a grant that's included in my aid package... guess I have to call them tomorrow.

did anyone get a need based grant as part of their financial aid package? If so, for how much? Also, how did your feinberg financial aid package compare to other schools?
Yes, PM me for details.

hey guys where can we see the agenda for 2nd look?

Annalisa Tincher sent out an email with the schedule. Did you receive that?

this thread is really quiet.....

Anyway, I'll be joining you guys this fall.

Looks like I'll be joining you all this fall! Can't wait!

anyone know anything about grading or curriculum? video lectures?

If you are still looking for housing near campus and don't want roommates, I found a place at 850 N. Dewitt that would be good for med students. I would have taken it if I didn't already have a lease signed. It is a one-bedroom condo in 850 DeWitt Place for $1105 per month (all utilities included). Here are the specs:

$1,105 MONTH + SECURITY DEPOSIT (BASIC CABLE, HEAT AND GAS INCLUDED IN RENT)
925 SQ. FT. APARTMENT UNIT, 24-HOUR DOORMAN, RECEIVING SERVICE, ROOFTOP DECK, WORKOUT ROOM, HUGE CLOSETS, SOUTH FACING CORNER UNIT, LOTS OF LIGHT

The owner is Joe Burke. He will be showing the place on Monday and Wednesday of next week. You can contact him at [email protected] to set up a viewing.

I also strongly recommend looking in Ukranian Village, Wicker Park, West Town and River West. There a lots of apartments available for August 1st. You can get a two bedroom (vintage) for less than $1000 and it is a 20-30 minute bus ride from campus.

Hi all. I'm an M2 looking for another roommate for a 3BR apartment I live in at Chestnut and State (we're both M). It's about a 10 minute walk from school and is really convenient to the Red Line. The current rent is 733/month+utilities (about 800 total) which is hard to beat. If you're interested message me.

Hi, I'm an M2. I'm fairly poor recently (somehow spent too much $$ by accident...XD) and I'm going to visit my parents from August 4-23 (international flight is not cheap at all). I wonder if anyone will be interested in staying at my apartment while you hunting for a nice place to live? I live in Worcester House, which is owned by the Northwestern Memorial Hospital and right across the street from med school (244 E. Pearson St). Two blocks from water tower/ John Hancock.

Of course, my studio is furnished with all the normal stuff (bed, desk, drawer, lights, full kitchen, AT&T high speed internet, ...etc). I will put away my stuff and leave you with whatever you need (dishes, M1 textbooks, etc, just let me know). Rent and dates are negotiable.

email me if interested:
[email protected]

I don't check my PM that often.

Hi, I'm an M2. I'm fairly poor recently (somehow spent too much $$ by accident...XD) and I'm going to visit my parents from August 4-23 (international flight is not cheap at all). I wonder if anyone will be interested in staying at my apartment while you hunting for a nice place to live? I live in Worcester House, which is owned by the Northwestern Memorial Hospital and right across the street from med school (244 E. Pearson St). Two blocks from water tower/ John Hancock.

Of course, my studio is furnished with all the normal stuff (bed, desk, drawer, lights, full kitchen, AT&T high speed internet, ...etc). I will put away my stuff and leave you with whatever you need (dishes, M1 textbooks, etc, just let me know). Rent and dates are negotiable.

email me if interested:
[email protected]

I don't check my PM that often.

Hi Hsin-pin :)