Northwestern vs. Mt. Sinai vs. NYU

Started by jetipaint
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jetipaint

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all! Any input on how these programs compare to each other? Having a hard time figuring out NYU vs. Sinai, and also Northwestern which I really loved when I visited. Any input would be great - thanks 🙂
 
I doubt you can go wrong with any of those programs. I would just pick based on which city, PD, faculty , residents you liked better. Also maybe if you like NCC- northwestern and Mt sinai probably > NYU, altho NYU i believe will be getting a NICU at some point.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought nyu did have a neuro-ICU now. unless I misunderstood?

what is the general impression in terms of reputation of these places and how they compare to each other? I don't have a very good idea...
 
I’m interested in neurocritical care and interviewed at NYU recently. I don’t know much about Mt. Sinai but from what I hear they have a good NeuroICU program. NYU’s NeuroICU program is somewhat new, although it seems to be building rapidly. They have a dedicated NeuroICU for both neurology and neurosurgery patients, managed jointly by neurosurgery and their three neurology-based neurointensivists. Overall, I thought the residency program there was really strong.