Northwestern vs. Mt. Sinai vs. NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jetipaint

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! Any input on how these programs compare to each other? Having a hard time figuring out NYU vs. Sinai, and also Northwestern which I really loved when I visited. Any input would be great - thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

I doubt you can go wrong with any of those programs. I would just pick based on which city, PD, faculty , residents you liked better. Also maybe if you like NCC- northwestern and Mt sinai probably > NYU, altho NYU i believe will be getting a NICU at some point.

I am also having a hard time deciding between Mount Sinai and NYU. Any additional thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought nyu did have a neuro-ICU now. unless I misunderstood?

what is the general impression in terms of reputation of these places and how they compare to each other? I don't have a very good idea...

NYU has a neurocritical care service, although I'm not sure if they are consultative or if they have a dedicated NeuroICU. They're all quite young but have excellent pedigrees.

I’m interested in neurocritical care and interviewed at NYU recently. I don’t know much about Mt. Sinai but from what I hear they have a good NeuroICU program. NYU’s NeuroICU program is somewhat new, although it seems to be building rapidly. They have a dedicated NeuroICU for both neurology and neurosurgery patients, managed jointly by neurosurgery and their three neurology-based neurointensivists. Overall, I thought the residency program there was really strong.