USMLE not able to conclude

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reza for the USMLE

Reaction score
Guys!
I'm studying for step 2 CK. I have a disturbing and terrible problem!
after my read of the question stem finishes and it's time to choose between choices I can't remember all points of question stem. Though I highlight the points, but when it arrives to answer I forget some points and I select the wrong choice. Every time after seeing the answer I got surprised with such terrible disappointing mistakes.
ANY piece of ADVICE???

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Guys!
I'm studying for step 2 CK. I have a disturbing and terrible problem!
after my read of the question stem finishes and it's time to choose between choices I can't remember all points of question stem. Though I highlight the points, but when it arrives to answer I forget some points and I select the wrong choice. Every time after seeing the answer I got surprised with such terrible disappointing mistakes.
ANY piece of ADVICE???

I think this is a great question and isn’t a “terrible problem”. Here are a couple strategies to combat that.

1. Sneak a glance at the question at the end first to prime your brain and then read the stem. This makes it easier for your mind to pick up on facts relevant to the case.

2. Accept that you’ll just have to be someone who needs multiple passes. It’s definitely not uncommon. I personally have to read stems a couple times. There’s no exact science to it and I’ve found tried to create a systematic way of reading a stem is just counterproductive.

3. Relax and try not to think about the fact that you’re not retaining anything because that can worsen the problem.