Not completing master's program prior to matriculating

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sab3156

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced not completing a master's program prior to matriculation that they were enrolled in while applying? I probably won't be able to finish my thesis before June when I move to away to start med school at KCUMB... On my application, it is shown that I am working on my master's degree. I don't know if this will cause me to get kicked out... Do you think this will happen?

I called the admissions office, and they told me to write an email so that they can show the director, because they didn't really know the answer to my question.

Members don't see this ad.

I seriously doubt they will kick you out... could i pm you? I am in a similar situation and will be your classmate it seems!

There was a student that dropped out of my master's program after getting accepted (CCOM) in the first semester. He called admissions and they said they were fine with it. Saved him close to $20k.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone experienced not completing a master's program prior to matriculation that they were enrolled in while applying? I probably won't be able to finish my thesis before June when I move to away to start med school at KCUMB... On my application, it is shown that I am working on my master's degree. I don't know if this will cause me to get kicked out... Do you think this will happen?

I called the admissions office, and they told me to write an email so that they can show the director, because they didn't really know the answer to my question.

that sounds like you wasted a lot of time/money to go through most of your degree only to transfer out...

Reactions: 1 user
that sounds like you wasted a lot of time/money to go through most of your degree only to transfer out...

True. But would you really want to push back an acceptance or reapply if KCUMB doesn't allow it??

True. But would you really want to push back an acceptance or reapply if KCUMB doesn't allow it??

Well what I would've done (and did actually) was apply the same year that I will get the masters degree.

If there is no point in me getting my master's degree anymore, I would rather NOT do it, to be honest. I'd rather relax before medical school starts. Plus I'll save some money. I'd rather not do any work right now for something I may not complete before I move to Kansas City. That's my rationale in a nutshell. I just want to know if KCU requires the completion of any degree you are currently enrolled in.

Last edited:
I just want to know if KCU requires the completion of any degree you are currently enrolled in.

You need to call admissions. They're not gonna reject you for asking. Chances are they might be alright with you dropping the program

Reactions: 1 user
Just got word back from KCU admissions. They said that the master's is not required.

Reactions: 3 users
On a similar note, how critical will they be of your grad school final gpa? I have a 4.0 right now from the past year but that's not gonna last considering I am not doing well in one of my classes this semester haha