Not DAT Related

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrHJ

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
My DAT is in two weeks. Some days when I wake up I feel that my brain is not functioning at all. I start answering questions and although I can some of the questions I still feel that my brain is frozen. I am afraid it happens to me on the test day. Does anybody have a similar experience? What do you do to get your brain back on track?

Members don't see this ad.

It's never good to rely on of course but I have been drinking fair amount of caffeine to keep up with studying lol. Maybe on groggy mornings have a cup of coffee or an energy drink to get you started?

It's never good to rely on of course but I have been drinking fair amount of caffeine to keep up with studying lol. Maybe on groggy mornings have a cup of coffee or an energy drink to get you started?
I drink coffee every morning. I don't feel sleepy, I feel that I don't remember anything. :(

I have this same problem. Some days my brain functions great and some days it just freezes. I have the same fear.
Also, I am kinda crazy when it comes to taking a test in a quite environment. I need silence. I am afraid my center will be very crowded with too much noise that will affect my score.
I remember that quiz I took in my last semester, there was someone sick making weird sounds I mean really weird sounds, not the usual coughing or sneezing. So my brain froze at that moment. I couldn't answer. I got super angry and got 21 out of 30. Was my lowest quiz score on that subject even though I prepared well for that quiz.
Of course, I'll try to take my full practice tests in a library.

Members don't see this ad :)
To be honest the first time I took the dat I hate it because the lady behind me was typing that really annoyed me and I even complain about it! So it is luck of draw

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
To be honest the first time I took the dat I hate it because the lady behind me was typing that really annoyed me and I even complain about it! So it is luck of draw

I would imagine something like that driving me crazy haha
Can we use earplugs.
To make it worse I didn't want to read the yelp review on my center, but I gave in in the end and saw it. I wish I didn't what I read made me feel so bad.
I already met them, they look so so so strict and not nice.

Don't they give headphones?

OP, get some sleep. Eat something healthy. Go for a walk/jog. Take care of your body, you wouldn't believe how much it'll help your brain.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't know when I went there I want to shot myself! The lady was taking some accounting test and she was typing but if your testing center is crappy change it

Reactions: 1 user
haha you guys need to rest up a little. take a day or two off. i always hear about people studying 8+ hours a day for months for the DAT. That's a little much. far too much actually. In my opinion at least.