Not finishing Secondaries...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdhope86

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I applied this summer, but kind of late. My primary finally came through and receiving secondaries from the schools I applied.

But with my low MCAT, 24R(8/8/8) score, and how late my application is, I don't think I have a chance of acceptance this cycle. So I am thinking of aiming for next cycle after I retake my MCAT in January.

So my question is, if I got the secondaries should I complete them anyway, or I don't have to. I am just concerned if I apply to the schools that sent me secondaries again next year, not finishing secondaries this year would make me look bad.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I applied this summer, but kind of late. My primary finally came through and receiving secondaries from the schools I applied.

But with my low MCAT, 24R(8/8/8) score, and how late my application is, I don't think I have a chance of acceptance this cycle. So I am thinking of aiming for next cycle after I retake my MCAT in January.

So my question is, if I got the secondaries should I complete them anyway, or I don't have to. I am just concerned if I apply to the schools that sent me secondaries again next year, not finishing secondaries this year would make me look bad.

Thanks.

No not finishing secondaries will not make you look bad at all, so I wouldn't worry about it! If you are worried, I would send them an email saying you are withdrawing yourself from this cycle and will look forward to apply there again next year.

Ok, great. Thanks for your help. Can I ask one more? So for next year when I apply to those schools again, should I designate myself as a re-applicant or new applicant???

Thanks again.

Ok, great. Thanks for your help. Can I ask one more? So for next year when I apply to those schools again, should I designate myself as a re-applicant or new applicant???

Thanks again.

if you submitted your primary, then you would still be considered a re-applicant, so I would designate that!