not having step 2 CS before ERAS due...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JoseyCali123

Reaction score
hello everyone,

I won't have step 2 CS in before my ERAS is due... how much is this going to hurt my application and interviews? my score will be reported in November...

Members don't see this ad.

Are you an American student or IMG? Btw, if you want earlier date for Step 2 CS there is a free extension for Firefox browser called Check4change. It will let you know as soon as there is a change in selected dates. Spots open up all the time because of people rescheduling/canceling, but you have to act really fast, because someone else will take a spot in a matter of seconds..

hello everyone,

I won't have step 2 CS in before my ERAS is due... how much is this going to hurt my application and interviews? my score will be reported in November...
Shouldn’t be a problem my CS came back in December and I had plenty of interviews

hello everyone,

As implied by a prior poster, this depends.

If you are going to a US medical school, no one will care. At all. You should have a CS pass by the rank deadline (late February) or certain programs won't rank you, but it's fairly irrelevant for interviews.

If you go to a non-US school, this is a dealbreaker for the majority of programs offering you an interview. Most set up filters based on ECFMG verification, which depends on having passed Step 1, CK, and CS.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm from a US medical school ! I am a US citizen as well for all that matters and grew up here in the US. So it will be fine right? I won't get less interviews?

I'm from a US medical school ! I am a US citizen as well for all that matters and grew up here in the US. So it will be fine right? I won't get less interviews?
I do not know the policies of all 6000 residency programs in the country, but what I can say is I'm not aware of any that requires CS to extend an interview invite to a US student. Some do require CK, but it varies from field to field.

Agree with above, it is very common for people to not have their scores back for interviews. Generally it should be done before rank lists are due.

Get it done as early as possible, but you should be fine Like the others that posted I had interview offers without a CS pass but folks wanted to know when I was taking it. They won't rank you without a pass.

Hey guys, I'm an IMG whos taking part in this years match.
So I submitted my application to all the programs before September 15th without my CS score. There were some scheduling issues and I took my CS in early September. My CS score just came out today, and I passed on my first attempt.

I was wondering if I should just resend my scores on ERAS, or email each program about passing my CS on top of resending my scores on ERAS?

I had 5 interview invites and I'm hoping to get more, and I read that IMGs tend to have their applications listed as incomplete/filtered out if they have one of their exams missing.

Would appreciate your help!

So I submitted my application to all the programs before September 15th without my CS score. There were some scheduling issues and I took my CS in early September. My CS score just came out today, and I passed on my first attempt.

I was wondering if I should just resend my scores on ERAS, or email each program about passing my CS on top of resending my scores on ERAS?

I had 5 interview invites and I'm hoping to get more, and I read that IMGs tend to have their applications listed as incomplete/filtered out if they have one of their exams missing.

Probably too late, but can’t hurt to let them know.

Yeah, I'm sure the PCs out there don't appreciate these kind of blanket updates that clearly go out to all of the programs, but risk/reward probably tilts towards it being worth it to send an email. Chances are all the interview slots are taken by now, but you never know.