not improving RC scores..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SheepAndOwl

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
i've been doing qvault RC practice and got: 18,19,19,20,19,19. obviously it's not improving and i don't know what i can do anymore. I've been reading science articles and going over wrong answers but they aren't doing much as of now and i have exam in 10 days. I did Bootcamp RC last year and did get 21 and 22 for two of those but it was last year and honestly don't know how i did.

i tried multiple methods: reading all then doing problems, search&destroy, read 5 paragraph and go over questions and repeat.
i think i'm most comfortable with 5 paragraph-questions repeat method but i always run out of time. search&destroy makes me clueless for all questions other than re-call. reading all first makes me forget what i read.

any tips would be appreciated :(

Members don't see this ad.

Hi SheepandOwl, interesting name and I love both owls and sheep! Anyway, what is going to help you the most at this point is to just stop taking any type of practice test, it appears you have exhausted that avenue and maybe just taking a breather and letting go will calm your mind a bit. You seem to know what works for you by what you have stated. You do not need a 30 in this section so if you get an 18 or better you will be good at most all schools. Continue reading but maybe read things you like over the next few days, relax the mind. I can tell you have been in a lot of effort and I feel certain you are in the right direction.

Wishing you the best!

Nancy
co/owner/Orgoman/DAT Destroyer

On my DAT, I used the so-called 'vanilla' method and scored a 30. I simply read through the passages as fast as I could manage (so not that fast at all, I'm a decently slow reader) and highlighted things that seemed important (names, dates, numbers, percentages, etc.). Then I went and answered questions and looked back at the passage as necessary.

For practice, I almost solely focussed on reading articles posted on Dr. Romano's Destroyer Facebook group. If you don't think there's enough there or are interested in reading some more, ScienceDaily was a godsend for articles very similar to the DAT. There's a ton of articles on there and you'll never get bored. Let me know if you have any questions!

Reactions: 1 user