"Not Mailed" Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alectrify

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I e-submitted my completed application on July 3. Today is July 28. The status of every school under "Dental School Designations" still says "Not Mailed". I know applications are sent in batches, but I expected the next batch to come within, at most, two weeks after my submission date. Can anyone clarify? Thanks a lot. *panic panic*

Members don't see this ad.

Lol 2 weeks. In a perfect world.
They're working on July 1 people right now

July 2nd people popping up now. Hang in there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys. Really appreciate it. I guess I can start panicking if my application isn't sent by tomorrow, hahaha.

You know how people who submit in June are considered "early", and how people who submit in August and later are considered "late"? Do people/schools look at when your application was e-submitted (mine being July 3), or do they look at when it was mailed? (~1 month after) I thought I was still considered an early applicant, but now I'm not so sure anymore.

When I called schools, the general consensus is that anything before August is considered early.

I don't think schools see the specific dates applicants pressed e-submit or had GPAs verified. That seems like it would unnecessary info for them. It's likely the time at which they receive the application. For example, I could have everything verified today and sent out to 5 schools. Let's say I decide to add 3 more in November. I'd be considered based on when the schools receive the app (in Nov), not when I had everything verified (now).

Thanks guys. Really appreciate it. I guess I can start panicking if my application isn't sent by tomorrow, hahaha.

You know how people who submit in June are considered "early", and how people who submit in August and later are considered "late"? Do people/schools look at when your application was e-submitted (mine being July 3), or do they look at when it was mailed? (~1 month after) I thought I was still considered an early applicant, but now I'm not so sure anymore.
I wouldn't even start panicking if it isn't sent this week. There are a lot of applications to process. I'd suggesting following along in the Submitted - Verified - Mailed topic here and see when other people's applications are being mailed. IIRC, some people that submitted July 1st were mailed last week and some this week, so I wouldn't worry too much if you see other people who submitted on the 2nd get mailed out and yours isn't right away.

Reactions: 1 user