Not offering an old class...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Acetk

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, I want to boost my GPA by retaking the 2 classes I got C's in. The problem is the class Biology 107 (equivalent to General Biology) that I took is no longer offered. Instead they changed the curriculum and renamed it Biology 1060. It is still the first class class all pre-health and science major have to take and is still "General Biology" but not the class I took.

I have since transfer into a different school and I am taking General Biology II. So should I take the new General Biology class in my old school or retake it in my new school. I also want to retake Pre-Calculus, should I take it in my old school or new one?

Thanks for any and all advice. =)

Members don't see this ad.

First, you should look into the policies of your old school about retaking classes. My guess is that your C will be unaffected at your old school as many schools do not omit grades of Cs and higher if you did better after taking the course again and/or replace the grade if the course has changed. Besides, PharmCAS would average the grades anyway.

In the eyes of pharmacy schools, general biology is general biology anywhere. So either course is fine as long as the course fulfills the requirements and is considered to be a general biology course. You may have to contact schools just to be sure that they consider that second attempt as a general biology course.