Not rejected, accepted, or waitlisted...on hold

Started by Barton
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Barton

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what does this mean? I interviewed at the University of Minnesota about 6 weeks ago, and today I got a letter from them saying my app is on hold, and they'll make a decision after they've interviewed everybody. It's not like I'm waitlisted, cuz I can get waitlisted in March. They also told me not to send them anything (additional letters, grades, updates, etc) because my file has been reviewed. They just didn't make a decision. I can't figure out where this places me. Is this better than the waitlist? It's certainly better than rejection, but what's the deal? Any thoughts?
 
I am in this situation with my state school, UIC. I asked the admissions personnel about this status and apparently it means I will not get in outright, but I will most likely be waitlisted come May. Hope it means better things for you though. Good Luck!