On Hold for Verification

Started by rollly
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rollly

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! Unfortunately, I forgot to submit transcripts for a couple of courses I took at a community college during high school, and my application was put on hold last Monday. I submitted the needed transcript, and it was back at ready to review that same Monday. When calling AMCAS, I was told that I would not be looped back to the end of the verification queue and that for this situation, I would be picked up by a verifier sooner. However, during another call, I was told my new ready for review date is the date my application enters the back of the queue. Does anyone have any information about this or know how AMCAS treats On Hold applications? Any help is appreciated, thank you!
 
I'm in a similar situation -

I didn't forget to submit a transcript, but AMCAS believes there is a missing transcript, and requires certification that the transcript does not exist to proceed. Someone also just told me that I would re-enter verification on the day of receipt of (by mail only! 🙁 ) letter certifying this. So, I'm quite bummed that, according to one of the reps, my app my be pushed back 8+ weeks, ironically because my apps missing something that doesn't exist.

@rollly , did you have any update or further insight into this? I'm hoping there is some way to avoid re-entering the queue as if I submitted my app in September, rather than June.

I certainly get that a submitted application w/o all transcripts is incomplete until receipt of all transcripts, but that wasn't the case here, which would make it feel worse. So, I'm hoping ensure there's no avenue I'm unaware of to get this resolved sooner.
 
Any updates on this? There’s a chance they put my application on hold due to one class I didn’t submit a transcript for but not sure if they’re gonna count it as a course or not. Did you get verified already?