ViggoViggo

10+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2005
Status
Hi everybody...here's a question about applying to pa programs...

i have attended two schools. one of the schools - about 5 yrs ago - i performed very poorly at. I owe tuition to the school because of a financial aid screwup, and there is no way i can pay it...so of course they won't release any transcripts.

So...since 1) they wouldn't release the transcript anyway, and 2) my grades there sucked....can I safely omit that school from my apps?

Is there anyway that the places I apply to can somehow find out about that school?

I did take out a loan to attend there, so i am sure that my federal student loan records show where I attended....BUT, an admissions committee wouldn't be looking at financial aid/loan records...right?

So...am I safe in not mentioning this other school and grades?

thanx

djquick83

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2004
Status
The schools only know what you tell em. If u dont tell em, they cant find out. Just make sure u have your pre-reqs for the school u are in now. Thats all that counts. Good Luck.

niko327

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2003
NY
Status
Medical Student
djquick83 said:
The schools only know what you tell em. If u dont tell em, they cant find out. Just make sure u have your pre-reqs for the school u are in now. Thats all that counts. Good Luck.
That is......unless they find out. I would apply directly to the schools you're interested in.

OP
V

ViggoViggo

10+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2005
Status
Directly? As in DO NOT go through CASPA?

But - what to do if the program requires application through CASPA, and you cannot apply directly??

niko327 said:
That is......unless they find out. I would apply directly to the schools you're interested in.

niko327

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2003
NY
Status
Medical Student
ViggoViggo said:
Directly? As in DO NOT go through CASPA?

But - what to do if the program requires application through CASPA, and you cannot apply directly??
Isn't there something on CASPA that mentions listing ALL of your college education? Not all programs require application through CASPA. If your school does, I think you'd better make sure they'll never find out about your previous grades etc. If they find out later, they may see your ommission of that information as dishonesty. Good Luck.

djquick83

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2004
Status
Go ahead and use CASPA. If u choose not to list a school there, then its ok. Just remember not to bring it up if u get an interview or something. They cant know what isnt told to them. Hence, why they ask u for that info. IF they had a way of knowing, they wouldnt bother asking. Got IT. :D Also, schools that use CASPA dont have any other applications. Besides, CASPA is easier. Send same info to all the diff schools without having to write it over and over again for diff schools. Keep it simple.