Not Submitting Secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tourniquet1963

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, how badly am i screwing myself for not having submitted most of my DO secondaries? At first it was a combination of being busy/lazy, then i had a tragedy in the family, and now 2 months since i received the secondaries i'm afraid i might have screwed myself. Help.. and i know, i know i should submit them ASAP.. Im mostly worried about Western and Touro-NY since they are screened and im afraid they will think i am not interested in them enough to have submit their secondaries the second i received them.

Members don't see this ad.

So, how badly am i screwing myself for not having submitted most of my DO secondaries? At first it was a combination of being busy/lazy, then i had a tragedy in the family, and now 2 months since i received the secondaries i'm afraid i might have screwed myself. Help.. and i know, i know i should submit them ASAP.. Im mostly worried about Western and Touro-NY since they are screened and im afraid they will think i am not interested in them enough to have submit their secondaries the second i received them.

Are you just wanting to know if the fact that you waited will ruin your chances?

why not just do it right now...DO adcoms dont work in the same schedule as MD ones. Plenty of people I know didnt submit until Jan.

Members don't see this ad :)
Typically, you have a better chance of being accepted if you submit the secondary application.

You'll never know until you actually submit them, but if you don't submit them this year and try again next year that will definitely not look good. Makes them think you weren't interested at first, but now you have no other options so you're back.

I think Western said if you didn't submit it in a month you would be put off being reviewed until the next group; but it's not that big of a deal. Justy get it done when you can. Don't you already have acceptances? If so, I wouldn't worry too much.

I would submit them now. It cant hurt. If you want, you can jot down a short note down about having a family tradgey and include it with the secondaries. Good luck