Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've just finished my freshman year at a CSU and it's not too good. The first semester, I took four classes and got all B's. Most of them were ok classes except Intro to Bio 1A, that was the only hard one, but even then I got a B. My second semester was bad though, I got all C's!!!! however, I only took 3 classes this time but they were way harder. They were Into to Bio1B, Gen.Chem 1A, and college algebra. The class that took the most time was the Bio1B. I mean, me and my friend were the only freshman in there!!! The others were mostly junior/senior. I didn't have enough time to get a higher grade in either of my other classes. But the biggest thing was, I was burnt out by finals, I could barely study. I'm still gonna try and get an A in gen.chem1B and in my o.chem classes, but I just don't know if my chances of getting into pharm school are good anymore. =( Plus, how hard is it to get an A in my future chem courses now? Should I even be majoring in chemistry? My pharm advisor says not to switch, but I dunno if im cut out for pharmacy anymore. Am I smart enough? My friends think im a genius, but I think im the dumbest out of everybody. Any advice on what I should do next would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.
My advisor says to just stick with it for now, but i'm just wondering, Am I smart enough for pharmacy? , let alone for a Chem major? In highschool, i got a 2.6 GPA which wasn't good. And now my GPA is 2.5 overall, my science is probably lower cuz ive only taken 3 science classes and 1 math class. My friends say im really smart for some reason, even one of my old highschool friends who's doing the same thing as i am, (chemBA major/pre-pharm) and she got staight A's in highschool!!!!!! But I just dont believe that i am. I'm still gonna keep trying, but how bad was it that I got a C in my first chemisty class???? ANY advice would be GREATLY appreciated, thank you.