Not totally pharmacy related but.....

Started by Cocogirl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cocogirl

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm wondering if anyone knows of or has used a good facial moisturizer for dry skin with an SPF of 30 or so? With summer coming, I want to switch to something with a higher SPF than 15 which is the usual I've seen in facial moisturizers.

Thanks and sorry if this is not related to anything pharmacy (although sunscreen issues are arguable!)! 🙂
 
Cocogirl said:
I'm wondering if anyone knows of or has used a good facial moisturizer for dry skin with an SPF of 30 or so? With summer coming, I want to switch to something with a higher SPF than 15 which is the usual I've seen in facial moisturizers.

Thanks and sorry if this is not related to anything pharmacy (although sunscreen issues are arguable!)! 🙂

it is all related to pharmacy.....to be more exact to your pharmacy down the street.....

if you spend sometime there reading the labels you will find one....and if you don't find....look on Ebay..if you don't find it on Ebay..then it does not exist....

I will look for you next week..i gave my saturday shift at my job to a classmate ...but next week..when i go to work i will look for you...my fellow SDNer
 
Eucerin and Cetaphil both make good full spectrum SPF moisturizers. Cetaphil is a chemical sunscreen (Avobenzone), Eucerin is physcial (zinc/titanium dioxide). Some claim that dry skins work better with physical sunscreens, but they make my face break out in little rashy bumps. Chemical can sting if you have recently exfoliated. Olay also had a nice range of SPF containing lotions. Their Total Effects line in particular is marketed toward dry, aging skintypes, and I have heard good things about the Olay Complete line. Again it depends on which you want.

PS The difference between SPF 15 and SPF 30 is about 2% UV blocking. The high number sunscreens are more marketing than anything else. When you are already in the high 90% blocking at SPF 15 every other step is fractional, and just, in the case of physical sunscreens, makes you look white faced. So for day to day use SPF 15 is fine.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I use Clinique city block 25.. it is physical sunscreen but it kinda works as a make-up base too. Doesn't work as moisturizer though...apply after.
 
I like to use Bath&BodyWorks "Pure Simplicity: Milk Thistle" face moisturizer with SPF 15, even though my dermatologist threatened that I'll explode if I set foot in a Bath&BodyWorks. (For the most part it's true, B&BW makes me itch just thinking about it. I have some really bad eczema so I know a thing or two about dry sensitive skin) Anyway the Milk Thistle moisturizer thing is really calming even for my inflamed skin for some reason.