Technology Note Taking Software?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

owlet

small but deadly
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone use note taking software (especially on the mac)? Which programs do you like/hate? Please inform.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone use note taking software (especially on the mac)? Which programs do you like/hate? Please inform.

Thanks.

The cheapest and easiest thing is to print powerpoints to pdf, then use the annotate tool in preview.app to make notes directly on the slide. From there, you can drag and drop the pdf into iTunes, and manage all of your pdf's in there (just like music files).

have any experience with any of these? i've been looking for software to use to create and organize notes.

i used 'word' a lot in undergrad and never really liked it. since i have a mac, it doesn't run all too smoothly and i'm very anxious to find another word processing solution for note taking in medical school. i would imagine that finding a word processing program is the easy part, but finding a good "note taking and organization" program is more difficult.

Don't forget Evernote. Unfortunately there just really aren't a lot of good notetaking options for the mac - this is one of the reasons why I keep a windows partition on my macbook. Onenote is actually pretty good, and then its too easy to print your notes from there to a pdf file and save them all nice, neat, and searchable in itunes.

My advice: Get a tablet PC and use OneNote.

You can carry around a tablet and use it in the hospital while you're standing around. Can't do that with a laptop.

My advice: Get a tablet PC and use OneNote.

You can carry around a tablet and use it in the hospital while you're standing around. Can't do that with a laptop.

Actually, NoteScribe is a great note taking software for the PC. I actually developed NoteScribe when I was working on my masters thesis in cognitive psychology (I have a BS in computer science and spent two years in the software industry before pursuing my masters). I spent two plus years developing it and we just released it back in February of this year. It's a great alternative to OneNote because it is more scalable and far more suited for student note taking.

Go here to read some reviews: NoteScribe Reviews...

It's worth checking out if you are trying out different note taking programs.

Jeff Sholl

try circus ponies "Notebook". A great piece of software for note taking. Lots of features. They're coming out with a new and better version in the next month.

http://www.circusponies.com/

try circus ponies "Notebook". A great piece of software for note taking. Lots of features. They're coming out with a new and better version in the next month.

http://www.circusponies.com/

i have been using this one and it is exactly what i needed. i read a lot of the reviews. they all have their pros and cons - but this one seems better suited for actualy notetaking rather than "to do" lists and productivity tools --- the new version should be great as well.