Note to CRNA's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Planktonmd

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There is a significant number of CRNA's who lurk around this forum and never participate in anything other the occasional silly MD vs. CRNA debate.
I want to suggest to them to start participating in the clinical debates, show the students and residents how smart you are, this might be more politically helpful to you than repeating the same AANA propaganda over and over again.
If you feel that you are equal to physicians then why don't you show us? this is your chance to impress future anesthesiologists and make them see you differently.
Tell us about your clinical experiences, share you knowledge with us, become an active participant and be able to defend your views and support them with data.
That's all you need to gain respect around here.

Members don't see this ad.

There is a significant number of CRNA's who lurk around this forum and never participate in anything other the occasional silly MD vs. CRNA debate.
I want to suggest to them to start participating in the clinical debates, show the students and residents how smart you are, this might be more politically helpful to you than repeating the same AANA propaganda over and over again.
If you feel that you are equal to physicians then why don't you show us? this is your chance to impress future anesthesiologists and make them see you differently.
Tell us about your clinical experiences, share you knowledge with us, become an active participant and be able to defend your views and support them with data.
That's all you need to gain respect around here.

NO

LET THEM STAY IN THEIR FORUM PLEASE let them discuss clinical issues over there

NO

LET THEM STAY IN THEIR FORUM PLEASE let them discuss clinical issues over there

it's a rhetorical statement because planktonMD knows they won't. Well, maybe they will quote AANA-sponsored studies to back up their statements.

Members don't see this ad :)
that's funny. they are technicians. they don't know the why; only the how.

I had to bring this thread back because I am still waiting for some impressive clinical input from our CRNA "colleagues".
I am referring to these same guys who seem to know everything about state laws and memorize every word the AANA had published.
If they are claiming to be so good maybe they should be able to contribute some of their knowledge and experience to our forum and teach us a thing or two.
This would definitely improve their image better than continuing to post the same old stuff over and over.

I just matched into Anesthesia residency...what is going on, here??? why there is such a thread from an attending looking for a fight with CRNAs....
I think the difference is clear, just like PA and other specialties, who cares. Everybody wanna exaggerate about its own capabilities esp when doesn't know enough to be humble.

I think everyone is eagerly awaiting ANY clinical content from ANYBODY.

I just matched into Anesthesia residency...what is going on, here??? why there is such a thread from an attending looking for a fight with CRNAs....
I think the difference is clear, just like PA and other specialties, who cares. Everybody wanna exaggerate about its own capabilities esp when doesn't know enough to be humble.

So, asking our CRNA colleagues to contribute their wealth of knowledge and experience to our forum is "looking for a fight" in your opinion?
I am just asking them to stop the silly "we are equal or better than physicians" thing and try to show the new anesthesiologists why they are equal or better.
Why would you think that this is looking for a fight?
I think this invitation applies to you too, If you are as you claim an intern going to anesthesia maybe you want to try to concentrate on the clinical part rather than the silly CRNA versus MD arguments.
I find it curious though that your first post here is this, are you sure you are a physician?

So, asking our CRNA colleagues to contribute their wealth of knowledge and experience to our forum is "looking for a fight" in your opinion?
I am just asking them to stop the silly "we are equal or better than physicians" thing and try to show the new anesthesiologists why they are equal or better.
I think this invitation applies to you too, If you are as you claim an intern going to anesthesia maybe you want to try to concentrate on the clinical part rather than the silly CRNA versus MD arguments.
I find it curious though that your first post here is this, are you sure you are a physician?

:sleep:

why does it friggin matter? why can't we just hang out and do what it is what we do? i have no qualms where i am. is it really that hard? if a crna wants the independence, then go where no docs are. otherwise, we are what we do. man, this friggin argument will NEVER end, no matter who says what or thinks otherwise. just let it go. besides, it's boring to keep reading about all of this.:cool::cool::cool:

i think you know what you are talking about. you did n't invite them to share their "wealth of knowledge", you could do it by sending a case, asking everybody, including them to talk about that. It seems that you are not even tolerant to your colleagues(If they say sth that you don't like), let alone CRNAs. it was one of my first posts, just got residency and just got invovled in these forum.
My main point was that by belittling them we won't be able to defend our community appropriately. They are part of the reality in this speciality.

i think you know what you are talking about. you did n't invite them to share their "wealth of knowledge", you could do it by sending a case, asking everybody, including them to talk about that. It seems that you are not even tolerant to your colleagues(If they say sth that you don't like), let alone CRNAs. it was one of my first posts, just got residency and just got invovled in these forum.
My main point was that by belittling them we won't be able to defend our community appropriately. They are part of the reality in this speciality.

Every case I ever posted was open for discussion to everybody, but if you say something stupid why should I tolerate you?
Internert forums like this one are not about tolerance, they are about discussing things, disagreeing and being able to defend your point of view.
So, It doesn't matter if you are a nurse, a resident or whatever, if you say things that don't make sense I don't have to TOLERATE you.
This thread is not some conspiracy against nurses it is simply an invitation to them to participate and show their future "colleagues" why their claims of being equal to physicians are valid.
If you don't like my thread don't read it and if you want to understand it in any other way you like go right ahead, but you sure smell like a nurse to me.

Every case I ever posted was open for discussion to everybody, but if you say something stupid why should I tolerate you?
Internert forums like this one are not about tolerance, they are about discussing things, disagreeing and being able to defend your point of view.
So, It doesn't matter if you are a nurse, a resident or whatever, if you say things that don't make sense I don't have to TOLERATE you.
This thread is not some conspiracy against nurses it is simply an invitation to them to participate and show their future "colleagues" why their claims of being equal to physicians are valid.
If you don't like my thread don't read it and if you want to understand it in any other way you like go right ahead, but you sure smell like a nurse to me.

I concur with planktonMD.