Notre Dame Premed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FightingIrish01

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, my first thread....:)

Anyways, guys, I was wondering if anyone has any opinions regarding the premed program at Notre Dame, where "I'll be heading this fall. How is its reputation, grading, success..?? As far as people saying that sometimes prestige of an undergrad institution matters, would ND be in the top tier of of prestigious universities as far as applying to medical schools is concerned?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

FightingIrish01 said:

Anyways, guys, I was wondering if anyone has any opinions regarding the premed program at Notre Dame, where "I'll be heading this fall. How is its reputation, grading, success..?? As far as people saying that sometimes prestige of an undergrad institution matters, would ND be in the top tier of of prestigious universities as far as applying to medical schools is concerned?

Thanks.

I knew a girl that went to ND and couldn't get into a US MD school after two tries, so she ended up going to school in Ireland (on the plus side, she landed a good residency at UWisc after she graduated)

n=1

My point being.... your school will only carry so much weight in this process.

If you continue on the forums a bit longer you'll see it a thousand times. It really doesn't matter TOO much as long as you do well in the classes. Notre Dame is a good school...very expensive but good. Premed programs aren't really ranked because you can be premed and still major in English if you wanted to. I'd assume the science courses there are fine. Just get the strongest grades you can and you'll be fine. There are people from top 10 schools that don't get into medical school and people from middle of nowhere community colleges that do....

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm, let's see. I graduated in '03, but I wasn't a pre-med at the time. From what I understand though, we had the same pre-health advisor (Fr. Walter) for something like 25 years, and had a matriculant rate between 70-80%. He retired in the last couple years, and I've only heard rumors, but the new people I believe have to "catch up" to meet the old historical rates. I'm not sure how much they dropped though, or where the deficiencies lie. There are a couple posters on here who I hope will respond better than I can.

In any case, like others said, it boils down to the fact that most people at ND are pretty goal-oriented and intelligent to begin with. What puts us ahead of other big name schools is that very rarely are our classes taught by TA's or professors who would rather be doing research (for the msot part). Things started changing under Monk a little bit, but ND remains committed mainly to undergraduate education first, and research second, so all the classes will prepare you well. There will be a few opportnities for research extra curriculars, but you will probably have to look into that outside of ND....which isn't a big deal either, becuase we arent a "local" school and most kids come from all parts of the country anyway. Community service and volunteering opportunities on the other hand...you need to beat them off with a stick there are so many.

I just wish I could be a freshman again: you guys are in for quite a fun ride with Charlie and football. I was stuck with 3 years of Davie and a false year of hope under Lionel Tyrone. Go Irish!

FightingIrish01 said:

Thanks.

ND class of 05 here. Some thoughts:

-Notre Dame isn't quite what I'd call "top tier". It is prestigious, but isn't on the same level (in most people's minds) as Harvard, Stanford, Princeton, etc. That said, I wouldn't trade my time there for anything. It's not Harvard, but it's name carries plenty of weight.

-W/R/T getting into med school, the ND name/reputation will help. But the responsibility is still on you. If you want to get in, you have to do the work and do well.

-One fun thing about ND is that, when it comes to interview time, you'll have something to talk about. I got asked about football at about half of my interviews.

-I hate to point it out, b/c it's very cliched to do so, but make sure you know what you want. I can't count the number of kids I knew freshman year who were pre-med, and then dropped out of the science track a year later. College should be more than just a four year waiting period before you start med school. Take some non-science classes that interest you; study abroad; do whatever. Just find the things that you have a passion for. If it's medicine, great; if not, that's fine too.

FightingIrish01 said:

Thanks.

Don't get me wrong, Notre Dame is a fine institution and they actually have very good and successful pre-professional programs (especially in the law and business arenas). The science from what i've seen isn't as strong as other schools in their peer group (I have a sibling who graduated from there and looked at it for undergrad...too expensive, too religious for my tastes). I remember flipping through their commencement program and not seeing much high end research being done for thesis work in biology, biochem etc. As name goes its not going to hurt you, but if you think it will be a deal breaker for your application you are setting yourself up for disapointment. People are successful coming out of there but to be honest it isn't the juggernaut that Duke, University of Chicago, UC-Berkeley and JHU are...the science just isn't as strong and the grading not as tough to think if you get below a 3.4 the name will save you...it likely won't so just be on top of your game, finish in the top 30% and you'll be fine.

ND '05 here... Let me give my raw, unbiased advice in the best way I can... DO NOT, and I mean, DO NOT assume that you can get into med school based on ND's reputation and name alone, like I heavily banked on. Of course you need to enjoy all that ND has to offer you, but from day one in General Chemistry, you need to make a commitment to doing well. Allow me to tell my story...

I started out pre-med, of course. However, freshman and most of sophomore year, I did not take my courses that seriously, basically doing enough to survive (3.0 with some crappy grades in Gen Chem and Orgo). I'm coming from a lower-middle class background where I didn't know any doctors nor did I have any pre-med friends those first couple of years. Almost all of my friends were/are business majors who, well, can relax a little more than science majors. Basically, I didn't know much about how hard I SHOULD be working, until the end of my sophomore year when I realized I needed to start pulling my grades up. I started pulling my grades up both junior and senior year, but the damage was done. I did pretty well on the MCAT (>30). My first year applying I got no love from anyone (no interviews). I figured I should do a post-bac in order to pull up my science GPA, which I just did this past year while applying again (at one of the top post-bac programs). This past time around I got one lousy interview at a lower-tier school where several other kids with similar stats from unfamiliar schools in my home state (can you tell I'm bitter?). Needless to say, I have to apply again this year (third time), with my improved science GPA from this past year. Hopefully, this will be my year... if not, I'm going to med school in the Carribbean. I'm just sick of getting beaten down by this process. Rant font off.

Anyway, long story short: work your tail off from day one at ND and don't assume you'll get any more love at schools just because "it's ND". Don't get me wrong: I wouldn't trade the experiences or the friends I've made there for anything in the world. I just wish I knew earlier what I had to do to get into med school. I'm extremely jealous of the entering class, especially with the potential of winning a national title for football. I was there for the lackluster "DavieHam" era, and it was a rough stretch for us. Good luck.

I didn't attend Notre Dame, but I did attend a selective institution. My personal suggestion, as others have pointed out, is that while the name will help, don't count on just passing to get you into med school.

My 3.4 is so-so, but I was told that a 3.4 from the local university where I currently live would not have gotten me anything. So, in borderline cases such as myself, my 3.4 from a more 'prestigeous' school got me in whereas perhaps at a school not known to have a good premed program, I would have been rejected. Had I gotten < 3.0, I would probably be hard pressed to get into any med school. Grades not only reflect your grasp of the material, but also indicates your commitment to doing well---a feature that adcoms like to cultivate.

ND was originally on my list of schools to apply as an undergrad but I ended up not doing so because of the geographic distance from my home. From my understanding, it is considered a good school, relatively well known, but not elite like Harvard/Yale/JHU/etc. In schools like that, do well, apply yourself, and you have a good shot.

Pete Carroll for President :thumbup:

jackbauer said:
Pete Carroll for President :thumbup:

Nice... I can't wait to see you guys in LA this November. Hopefully both teams will be undefeated, and hopefully this year's result will be different from last year's heartbreaker. I still can't watch highlights of that game. I'm afraid I'll vomit in my mouth everytime I watch "4th and 9."

ND '06 here
Okay so my very biased opinion is do not go through the pre-med program at ND. I was a biochem major and had to take a mix of major classes and pre-med classes. Now granted the pre-med program is good but I feel that is severely lacking. They do not promote research which is a big negative and they do not promote real understanding. everything is straight memorization which is fine but unless you remember things forever (unlike me who seems to forget things during the summer) you will find yourself rememorizing for the MCAT. Plus with biology or biochemistry you will be done with the requirements for the MCAT earlier and can take it during the summer before your junior year. so you have a summer to study without the negative of being behind in applications. Also get a head start on talking to the pre-med office. Dr. Foster is great. Navarre is kind of an ass but he knows is stuff if you get on his good side. Also do clinical in the south bend area. I do not have any doctors in my family so this is what I lacked but with IUSB med school right there would probably can find someone to help you. The new Jordan science center is amazing which should help expand the science program. If you must do the pre-med program, do the ALPP (arts and letters). You will look well-rounded, have more fun with the major, and not look like you were trying to take the easier pre-med courses rather than be a science major.

-c

Belleanon said:
ND '06 here
Okay so my very biased opinion is do not go through the pre-med program at ND. I was a biochem major and had to take a mix of major classes and pre-med classes. Now granted the pre-med program is good but I feel that is severely lacking. They do not promote research which is a big negative and they do not promote real understanding. everything is straight memorization which is fine but unless you remember things forever (unlike me who seems to forget things during the summer) you will find yourself rememorizing for the MCAT. Plus with biology or biochemistry you will be done with the requirements for the MCAT earlier and can take it during the summer before your junior year. so you have a summer to study without the negative of being behind in applications. Also get a head start on talking to the pre-med office. Dr. Foster is great. Navarre is kind of an ass but he knows is stuff if you get on his good side. Also do clinical in the south bend area. I do not have any doctors in my family so this is what I lacked but with IUSB med school right there would probably can find someone to help you. The new Jordan science center is amazing which should help expand the science program. If you must do the pre-med program, do the ALPP (arts and letters). You will look well-rounded, have more fun with the major, and not look like you were trying to take the easier pre-med courses rather than be a science major.

I can't help but respond to the diss of the preprofessional curriculum. Mainly the promoting memorization. Doesn't that depend on the student. People learn differently as a preprofessional I memorized very little. I've been able to tutor both engineering and premed physics, orgo, bio, gen chem. If i memorized everything I doubt I'd be able to do that. I see in no way that the curriculum promoted memorization. In my opinion the preprofessional program is a great way to be able to chose more of what you want to learn. I took medical physics classes, had a minor, etc. All of which I would not be able to do without my preprofessional background. I had interviews where my more physic oriented background was discussed. I didn't major in physics but I could take classes like this because i was preprofessional. also there are a heck of a lot of preprofessional majors going to hopkins, penn, etc this year. i guess my point is chose the major you want. from what i saw bio majors, biochem majors, and preprof all faired very well this year. As for the research I feel ND is lacking research but thats supposed to be fixed with the new science center. I only did research in the summer because ND had no research in areas that I was interested in which was bioengineering. Additionally I had my requirements for the MCAt done early, however don't bio majors wait till junior year to take physics.
this whole post has no bearing for most of the forum. i feel that the preprofessionals always get ripped on. People have come up to me and told me that my classes are easier etc. Many preprofs enroll in classes for bio majors after bio majors register and I know many of htemm are on the top of the curves.
As a whole the preprofessional program can't be lacking that much with two people going to hopkins this year, and several getting in other of the most prestigous schools. It doesn't matter what program your in but what your doing in there.

FightingIrish01 said:

Thanks.

Okay, my opinion is that unless you're on a generous scholarship or have super-rich parents who are wiling to pay for your undergrad bill which will be quite large come the end of four years at Notre Dame, go to a cheaper school. I'll say it again: if you are strongly considering going to medical school, find a cheaper school, i.e. your state school or a school that you have nearly a full ride to.

Med school is expensive, really really expensive, and one of the best decisions I made was to go to my no-name state school where I have graduated debt free. I'm now entering medical school this fall, scared to death of the debt I will be accumulating and only wondering how much more screwed I would feel if I had another $100,000 of undergraute debt to carry. I screwed around there for two years, got my act together, did very well, took the mcats (which kind of kicked my ass, but I ended up doing okay), and ended up getting into my first choice, perfectly respectable medical school. It is not in the Caribbean.

Look, organic is organic, chemistry is chemistry. You're learning the same basic sciences as everyone else. You think that Harvard and Johns Hopkins are the only institutions with good professors who teach science courses the "right" way. No way. Every school has its strengths and weaknesses, every school has their good professors and bad, excellent and poor courses. Ask your upperclassmen to help navigate your way.

Does the name of your undergrad matter? Sure, but it's like 20th down the list. If you go to a no-name school, do well there, nail the mcats, and aren't an dingus, then you will do fine getting into medical school. Do not overestimate the prestige of your school, or you might end up in the Caribbean or something. Good luck, and study hard!

Members don't see this ad :)
Given the OP's handle, I'm willing to bet he has an affinity for ND beyond just academics. I agree with alot of what you say though.

What really puts ND at the top though is the tightness of the alumni network. It might not be as important in medicine as in law or business, but there are many stories of ND alums looking out for the younger up and coming kids.

And of course, there's football.

silas2642 said:
Okay, my opinion is that unless you're on a generous scholarship or have super-rich parents who are wiling to pay for your undergrad bill which will be quite large come the end of four years at Notre Dame, go to a cheaper school. I'll say it again: if you are strongly considering going to medical school, find a cheaper school, i.e. your state school or a school that you have nearly a full ride to.

Med school is expensive, really really expensive, and one of the best decisions I made was to go to my no-name state school where I have graduated debt free. I'm now entering medical school this fall, scared to death of the debt I will be accumulating and only wondering how much more screwed I would feel if I had another $100,000 of undergraute debt to carry. I screwed around there for two years, got my act together, did very well, took the mcats (which kind of kicked my ass, but I ended up doing okay), and ended up getting into my first choice, perfectly respectable medical school. It is not in the Caribbean.

Look, organic is organic, chemistry is chemistry. You're learning the same basic sciences as everyone else. You think that Harvard and Johns Hopkins are the only institutions with good professors who teach science courses the "right" way. No way. Every school has its strengths and weaknesses, every school has their good professors and bad, excellent and poor courses. Ask your upperclassmen to help navigate your way.

Does the name of your undergrad matter? Sure, but it's like 20th down the list. If you go to a no-name school, do well there, nail the mcats, and aren't an dingus, then you will do fine getting into medical school. Do not overestimate the prestige of your school, or you might end up in the Caribbean or something. Good luck, and study hard!

I made a few mistakes and switched out (or was asked to leave) the pre-med program after freshman year. The distinction has to be made between Science PP and Arts & Letters PP. If I could do it all over again (though I learned alot in my "extended journey" so far), I would do ALPP with a major in the humanities (probably psychology, which ended up being my major anyway). Most SCPP kids I knew only had time for a minor,a nd ALPP allows for alot more "well rounding".

fleetgoddess said:
I can't help but respond to the diss of the preprofessional curriculum. Mainly the promoting memorization. Doesn't that depend on the student. People learn differently as a preprofessional I memorized very little. I've been able to tutor both engineering and premed physics, orgo, bio, gen chem. If i memorized everything I doubt I'd be able to do that. I see in no way that the curriculum promoted memorization. In my opinion the preprofessional program is a great way to be able to chose more of what you want to learn. I took medical physics classes, had a minor, etc. All of which I would not be able to do without my preprofessional background. I had interviews where my more physic oriented background was discussed. I didn't major in physics but I could take classes like this because i was preprofessional. also there are a heck of a lot of preprofessional majors going to hopkins, penn, etc this year. i guess my point is chose the major you want. from what i saw bio majors, biochem majors, and preprof all faired very well this year. As for the research I feel ND is lacking research but thats supposed to be fixed with the new science center. I only did research in the summer because ND had no research in areas that I was interested in which was bioengineering. Additionally I had my requirements for the MCAt done early, however don't bio majors wait till junior year to take physics.
this whole post has no bearing for most of the forum. i feel that the preprofessionals always get ripped on. People have come up to me and told me that my classes are easier etc. Many preprofs enroll in classes for bio majors after bio majors register and I know many of htemm are on the top of the curves.
As a whole the preprofessional program can't be lacking that much with two people going to hopkins this year, and several getting in other of the most prestigous schools. It doesn't matter what program your in but what your doing in there.

As for it being expensive, I know most people who need money have scholarships at ND. I pay less to got here than I would have at most other schools because I got a lot of money. They have a large endowment and I know in the end I paid less to go to ND than my twin sister paid to go to Penn State in state.

I also wish I did ALPP. I would have had time to have another major in SCPP if I hadn't fooled around in engineering so long :).

silas2642 said:

Actually, I think the idea that a private institution is more expensive than a public school is not entirely accurate. I had friends who attended better schools than the instate school, and got better money because the school they attended had more money than the public school. It seemed public schools, or the one that was in my state, was pretty poor and didn't have that much money to give.

As for me, I ended up getting more money out of the most prestigeous school I applied to probably because it had the biggest endowment of all the schools. Could I have gone with less debt at a lesser school? Sure. But the local public school in my state was crap. My parents were biologists there and they told me to do premed elsewhere. We didn't have Berkely or UofMich. So I looked elsewhere and got lucky with a very wealthy school.

In college, I knew even wealthy kids whose dad was presidents and CEOs with small scholarship money because they scored within the 'above average' range of matriculants (i.e avg = 1400, they got 1480). Ditto for med school. Looking at USNews, the schools with the highest debt were private sure, but schools like Harvard and WashU did not leave their students with significant debt. I had a friend who got accepted to WashU and it seemed like scholarship was plentiful at that med school.

Being a well endowed school, the sticker price seems pretty negotiable.

Now, granted, most students probably cant' get into top notch colleges/med schools and get scholarships. But I want to point out that for many students that do matriculate, we are not necessarily paying 'more' or paying a huge premium for the 'reputation'. I think it's interesting that my venture into the 'outside world', I've had people deride me for attending a 'fancy smanchy' school yet I ended up with less debt than some of them. Going to a expensive school doesn't have to be expensive.

As much as I love Notre Dame, they are knwon for being tight with the purse strings in terms of financial aid. The biggest financial aid source is the ROTC program.

NonTradMed said:
Going to a expensive school doesn't have to be expensive.

TCIrish03 said:
As much as I love Notre Dame, they are knwon for being tight with the purse strings in terms of financial aid. The biggest financial aid source is the ROTC program.

whenever i c tc irish i think turtle creek :(

doc lee said:
Nice... I can't wait to see you guys in LA this November. Hopefully both teams will be undefeated, and hopefully this year's result will be different from last year's heartbreaker. I still can't watch highlights of that game. I'm afraid I'll vomit in my mouth everytime I watch "4th and 9."

I will certainly be at that game...my pops has season seats...now all I need is a plane ticket home...last game of the season baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TCIrish03 said:

Really...they really tried to get me to go there...they pulled out all stops except for full scholarship...but it was close

ND '05, just finished up MS1 at NYU. What I would have to say echoes what has already been mentioned.
1)ND is a solid school, and most place will recognize that if you did well there, you probably know your stuff. However, don't expect kick in any doors for you. There are a few schools that may give more weight to ND, and they are all in the Midwest. Come to the East Coast, and its just another upper tier school. That being said, the education you will get is great, if you are willing to take advantage of it, and I felt totally prepared for med school. The classes here (in med school) are harder, but they seem only "logically" so. I didn't feel drowned or out of place when I got here, and I think my education at ND has a lot to do with that.

But like I say, to get into the top tier (I would say top 15) med schools, not only are you going to need solid academic credentials, but something to set you apart. Unfortunately, being from ND isn't one of those. Whereas, being from an Ivy definitely can be. IMO, my story is probably a pretty good example of this (applied to 19, interviewed at 14, accepted at 10, waitlisted at 4; the 4 were all Ivies, and all in the top 8.) I won't elaborate any more because its not really necessary. If you want to know details, PM me.

2)Avoid the Science PreProf track likes its the plague. If you like science and want to go to med school, do Bio, Chem, or any other schince major. SCPP doesn't let you focus really on any one thing, and you can get by with taking the "easy" versions of most classes. I think people do themselves a disservice by taking this track when it comes to being prepared for med school.

That being said, the Arts and Letters PreProf track is a good choice if you are interested in any of the humanities. If you like Philosophy or Theology (2 phenomenal programs at ND) and want to go to med school, its a logical schoice to go ALPP because they will work to get you the classes you need to enroll in med school. Also, those humanities majors seemed to be well received at a lot of med schools.

I disagree with science preprof being horrible. I took a lot of upper level bio only classes. You can get away with easy classes at the same time you can avoid requirements you don't need or want to take... such as ecology in bio. I took a lot of physics classes I would not have been able to take as a bio major. Who said focusing on one thing is the best anyway. With science pre prof. I could take upper level chem, physics, and bio. My favorite subject is physics and it would have been hard being a physics major and getting in pre med requirments.
I actually don't know if it would be doable if I started as a physics major but I moved around from engineering so I was starting from behind. I'm justs saying not focusing on one science is a bad thing. And since starting med school I've heard good things said about ND's premed program. In a discussion with deans about how only a few schools have such a program.

I just graduated in May with a major in SCPP, and I disagree with a few of the statements that have been made.

I remember flipping through their commencement program and not seeing much high end research being done for thesis work in biology, biochem etc.

First, the Commencement program is hardly a fair way to judge the strength of the undergraduate research program, since most of the undergraduate theses are not even printed. Notre Dame has been putting a lot of money towards this, and everyone I have known that wanted to get involved in a research program has been able to find a professor to work with without a problem.

If you are interested in the college experience as merely a chance to do research, then it may be true that other schools have a stronger emphasis. For the overall college experience and other opportunities, I think Notre Dame is second to none (although I am admittedly biased).

In terms of the choice of a major, both of the pre-professional programs at Notre Dame are very good, and I had nothing but positive feedback during interviews. I started out as a biology major and switched to SCPP not because Bio was too hard but because I wanted to take advantage of more classes that were not restricted to biology or chemistry. That said, I still had the opportunity to take many of the same upper level bios that majors take, and I think I have been well prepared for medical school. And during medical school interviews, they didn't care so much what my major was called but what classes I took - which is almost entirely self-determined. I think the Pre-professional programs at ND are one of its biggest strengths because they allow you to learn how to be a human, not just a scientist.

Finally, I wanted to mention that the medical advising team has changed in recent years, but they have now consolidated and are much more effective. They are helpful and honest, and I think they do an excellent job helping you through the med school process.

As long as Pete Carroll remains at USC, Notre Dame will never win a national championship and will continue to be humiliated by USC year after year. And I say this as a fan of the Oregon Ducks. USC is too good for Notre Dame which excels on beating Navy.

ND class of 05 here. Some thoughts:

-Notre Dame isn't quite what I'd call "top tier". It is prestigious, but isn't on the same level (in most people's minds) as Harvard, Stanford, Princeton, etc. That said, I wouldn't trade my time there for anything. It's not Harvard, but it's name carries plenty of weight.

-W/R/T getting into med school, the ND name/reputation will help. But the responsibility is still on you. If you want to get in, you have to do the work and do well.

-One fun thing about ND is that, when it comes to interview time, you'll have something to talk about. I got asked about football at about half of my interviews.

-I hate to point it out, b/c it's very cliched to do so, but make sure you know what you want. I can't count the number of kids I knew freshman year who were pre-med, and then dropped out of the science track a year later. College should be more than just a four year waiting period before you start med school. Take some non-science classes that interest you; study abroad; do whatever. Just find the things that you have a passion for. If it's medicine, great; if not, that's fine too.

Yeah you will definitely have something to talk about during interviews, especially how ND is always ranked high in the preseason and then always gets into a BCS game despite being ranked nowhere near the top 5. Then you can talk about how you and your fellow classmates felt about getting dominated by LSU and OSU and also about not winning a bowl game since 1994. Geez must suck to be an Irish fan. Don't you wish you had Meyer instead of fat eating cheesburger Weiss?

Clausen will not save you because you have no WRs coming in and your D-line is WEAK. Btw Thanks for Justin Trattau from this past year's recruiting class. Now UF will have a dominant Dline for the next four years to come.

UF is the next USC, Meyer has already built the foundation for a dynasty. With Tebow, Percy Harvin, our WRs will be the best in the nation, OL will be just as strong from veteran leadership, and our number one recruiting class from the last two years will just reload any other position on defense. SEC CHampions next year, and NAtional Champions in 2008.

Me on the other hand, I rather talk anout UF's back to back National Championships in Bball and the thrashing of OSUx in the BCS Fiesta Bowl, a team by the way ND could not even beat. :smuggrin: SEC RULES ND DROOLS.

Yeah you will definitely have something to talk about during interviews, especially how ND is always ranked high in the preseason and then always gets into a BCS game despite being ranked nowhere near the top 5. Then you can talk about how you and your fellow classmates felt about getting dominated by LSU and OSU and also about not winning a bowl game since 1994. Geez must suck to be an Irish fan. Don't you wish you had Meyer instead of fat eating cheesburger Weiss?

Clausen will not save you because you have no WRs coming in and your D-line is WEAK. Btw Thanks for Justin Trattau from this past year's recruiting class. Now UF will have a dominant Dline for the next four years to come.

UF is the next USC, Meyer has already built the foundation for a dynasty. With Tebow, Percy Harvin, our WRs will be the best in the nation, OL will be just as strong from veteran leadership, and our number one recruiting class from the last two years will just reload any other position on defense. SEC CHampions next year, and NAtional Champions in 2008.

Me on the other hand, I rather talk anout UF's back to back National Championships in Bball and the thrashing of OSUx in the BCS Fiesta Bowl, a team by the way ND could not even beat. SEC RULES ND DROOLS.

wow you are a total douche bag. it's sad that you can only make fun of Weis' weight problem. you are so funny.

Well, my first thread....

Thanks.

well anyways as far as ND's premed program i'd say it mostly has to do with what kind of effort you personally put in. I just graduated this past year and know a lot of other people who ended up really well. The advising staff is pretty good, Fr. Jim is the man. the stats are pretty good, i mean if you have a gpa above a what 3.6 there's a 97% acceptance rate.

i started as premed and switched to bio while i was there, but the classes between the two are so integrated now that there really is not a major difference. and as far as intelligent level between the two, there really was not a huge difference. just work hard, know when to ask for help when you need it and get involved in things you enjoy. research is not as hard to get as people are making it sound, and certain areas are really well respected at ND, especially the tropical diseases area (mainly malaria). if you have any other questions feel free to PM me.